Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
(Edit)
Just read:
"Now, what if all those VIctoria's Secrets models were like that?! Somehow I think they would not be so successful."

...It's called plastic surgery. Seriously. Those breasts are not real. Anorexia and boobies tend not to go hand in hand.

*waves arms around*

I dropped nearly thirty pounds due to illness a year ago (and I was on the small side of average to begin with) and I still managed to maintain C+ boobies.

Sometimes comically disproportionate != fake.

I really really really want individual sliders for body parts. I mean, overall fatness/tonedness, and then some extra sliders for hips, chest, etc... How can I make properly stereotypically skanky sims if they can't have both boobs and ribs? XD
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamzack
*waves arms around*

I dropped nearly thirty pounds due to illness a year ago (and I was on the small side of average to begin with) and I still managed to maintain C+ boobies.

Sometimes comically disproportionate != fake.

I am a size 32D to DD (depending on the time of the month...I think you ladies know what I mean). I weigh 115lbs. Top-heavy is a mild way of putting it!

...But the Victoria Secret models are long, linear, obviously not healthy. All you have to do is look at their hip-to-waist ratio and you can clearly see that any breasts they may have are not natural! (I've noticed that many of them are wearing seriously padded bras...which I suppose makes sense, given their employer!)

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:21 AM Last edited by fido : 24th Jun 2009 at 9:43 AM.
My WTF moment occurs when a sim has to clean the toilet. Why bother, they never take their clothes off when they use it, so how does it get dirty in the first place? I realize you would never notice it, if you didn't remove the censor blur, but I believe most of us do remove it. I wish we could get a animation that was separate from the bath/shower blur that added a small appropriately place censor so sims didn't look so damn stupid sitting on the pot with their pants on.

FIDO

LIfe is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Admin justanothersimssite.com
Test Subject
#54 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 4:24 PM
You can't make elders, children, or toddlers muscular. My sister is 4, going on 5, and she is (I am not embarrassed to say this) stronger than me (OK maybe I am, but I'm working on it!). And my grandpa goes to the gym everyday and is pretty strong. And that stupid elder slouch. Some do, but not ALL. They need to have a posture slider; straight backed, slouchy, that kind of inward-curved-spine thing, etc.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 4:48 PM
what were they thinking when they decided to have stores completely self-contained within the cash register, in shops in sims 1 & 2 all the products were on shelves or stands, in clothes shops there were clothes racks you could browse through, now they're just decoritive.
Test Subject
#56 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=Drakron] Do I enjoy being a walking sack of bones? not but hell ... doing no exercise and having a fat diet changed nothing, I am skinny and that is it./QUOTE]
Doing no exercise actually won't help. If you can't build up fat, build up muscle. I'm very thin, I eat more then my dad and I'm in middle school! I started working out, and I gained 10 pounds. Not to much, but it's something. Also I can beat up bullies
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:35 AM
Ah, this is why I use jonha's sliders. Though you have to be careful, because if you go to the extreme they can end up looking like Madonna's cones.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:59 AM
I use Delphy's breast sliders myself. You can change the fullness, depth, scale, etc. of those things!

I HATE having to go through 10 lousy romantic interactions just to get two sims to make out with each other. Stop complimenting each other's personalities and cut to the chase already! Couples should have an option to greet each other by flirting or kissing, too. Who invites their longtime boyfriend/girlfriend inside with a mere handshake?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:02 AM
^You can use flirty greets if you raise your Charisma skill.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChristinaCrino
^You can use flirty greets if you raise your Charisma skill.

That's true, but I'm too lazy to get most of my sims' charisma skill level up that high. Out of all the skills, charisma is the one I hate refining the most because of the friend and relationship requirements. That's another thing that annoys me about the game!
Forum Resident
#61 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Land_Cow
That's true, but I'm too lazy to get most of my sims' charisma skill level up that high. Out of all the skills, charisma is the one I hate refining the most because of the friend and relationship requirements. That's another thing that annoys me about the game!

Would you rather it went back to the TS2 style where EVERY job needed you to make random friends?

I like the new style, Charisma needing friends makes sense, you need friends to advance. As originally Charisma was mainly for the Politician career (its been expanded into Education now) the idea was for your Sim to get out there and meet the people he was representing

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
Would you rather it went back to the TS2 style where EVERY job needed you to make random friends?

I like the new style, Charisma needing friends makes sense, you need friends to advance. As originally Charisma was mainly for the Politician career (its been expanded into Education now) the idea was for your Sim to get out there and meet the people he was representing

Noooo! Anything but that!

I agree, it does make sense for the politician career track. For the education and journalism careers, however, I don't think it's necessary to make a bunch of random friends unless they're coworkers. Perhaps they could remove the relationship requirement thing from the charisma skill and instead add relationships as a requirement for the politician careers (like funding). The more friends you have, the happier the smiley face!
Forum Resident
#63 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:34 AM
If you think about it, Journalism and Education make sense too: Journalist need sources, and Teachers need.... umm the PTA? Ok Education doesn't make much sense, but Journalism does

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:40 AM
Good point on making friends with sources. It can be the same idea as politics making friends to boost their career; journalists need to make friends with important people. EA should revisit some of the career tracks!

Hmm...maybe teachers could make friends with their students? Err, on the other hand, it'd just be weird having an adult teacher visiting a child student at their house.
Scholar
#65 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:51 AM Last edited by suzetter : 31st Jul 2010 at 6:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan
Removing three things:

The Diving Board.
Seeing inside every community location.
Sims not being able to have random babies. 0.o

It's just like, WTF?

Ditto-- plus:

No asking out on date
No restaurants
Sims unable to actually enter and exit vehicle (or sit , talk, make-iut, listen, to radio, wiihii in them)
Toddlers not being able to draw
Toddlers and Babies not being bathed (eeewww!)

There's more but I'll stop here for now
Mad Poster
#66 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:35 AM
I would like to know what were they thinking when they removed the ability for children to garden. Specially if they are going to do a medieval version of the Sims, they should better bring child labor back.
Scholar
#67 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:43 AM
Or at least Gardeners
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Or at least Gardeners

Child labour is cheaper. Why would I hire someone?
Mad Poster
#69 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:21 AM
Actually not having a gardener was a bit chocking when I started playing TS3. I always felt he was a basic element of the game, like the maid.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:59 AM
The fact that you can have a wedding party but there are absolutely no (interactive) wedding items.

What were they thinking?

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Test Subject
#71 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 10:27 AM
dont be silly!

Its EA! They don't think about what they are doing!!
hahah
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#72 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 10:39 AM
Sims unable to actually enter and exit vehicle (or sit , talk, make-iut, listen, to radio, wiihii in them)
EA has stated that new method of vehicle operation gives them more freedom to create vehicles. I can't say I disagree, since now you don't have to worry about how a sim is going to get in or out of the vehicle. Putting a radio on a vehicle is REALLY trivial, though, something that can be done now. Woohoo in vehicle...eh. They didn't REALLY do that in TS2, either. It was interaction in name only. The sims never moved.

Toddlers not being able to draw
It's okay, they can't really do that in real life, either. I can't see why you'd want to encourage them to do so: They suck at it.

Toddlers and Babies not being bathed (eeewww!)
You never actually bathed babies in TS2, either, since changing them restored their hygiene.

The main thing with all these individual feature cuts: Each feature, cut alone, makes perfect sense. But when you've cut them all, you're left with nothing!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
EA has stated that new method of vehicle operation gives them more freedom to create vehicles. I can't say I disagree, since now you don't have to worry about how a sim is going to get in or out of the vehicle. Putting a radio on a vehicle is REALLY trivial, though, something that can be done now. Woohoo in vehicle...eh. They didn't REALLY do that in TS2, either. It was interaction in name only. The sims never moved.

It's okay, they can't really do that in real life, either. I can't see why you'd want to encourage them to do so: They suck at it.

You never actually bathed babies in TS2, either, since changing them restored their hygiene.

The main thing with all these individual feature cuts: Each feature, cut alone, makes perfect sense. But when you've cut them all, you're left with nothing!

Erm, in NL, when sims woohooed in the car, the windows steamed up and the car jumped up and down. It was hilarious.

Toddlers can draw. Not well, no, but they do it. On paper, on walls, on the floor . . . it's an important part of development.

You could bathe babies in TS2. I did it (then again, I'm obsessed about sim hygiene, so my sims tend to get a shower even if their hygiene is at, like, 90 xD).

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 2:53 PM
We're getting a breast slider with Late Night (and also a muscle slider for both the gents and the ladies). In the meantime we have a few fixes for the boobie problem.

I'm one of the few who wants the opposite, not all fat women grow huge breasts. I'm quite the big girl yet I only have a large B-cup (wtf!)... I want a breast slider to go the opposite way

Also, the Sims console games have had body sliders for a while. I always thought it was cause the game is in a more controlled environment in console. Whereas on PC C.C., expansion packs, stuff packs and the store makes it ever-changing. So you have to make new clothing with the sliders in mind. So they all fit. My thoughts anyways. If jonha and Delphy figured the sliders out, I'm sure the EA people could've done 'em too.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laurbake
They should add 'get breast enhancement' option at the hospital.

I don't think encouraging plastic surgery / body modification is the way EA wants to go (thus why, after you make a Sim, you can't change genetic features anymore).

I'd be ashamed of EA if they ever had such a thing. The majority of Simmers are adolescent females after all.
Page 3 of 4