Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 2:57 AM
Default Roofed verandah (Sims 2)
My next build project is a house with a verandah all the way round. I don't know how to roof it. I get this far (with two types of roof) but how do you do the corners? (if I extend the flatter roof it just looks awful.) Any examples or tutorials I find via google are for Sims 3.
Is there a way to do it or do I just have to extend one large roof over the columns (which also looks pretty awful).

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:06 AM
You'll basically be making two roofs with the same center- make the smaller central one first, at the angle you want. Then make a larger one covering the entire veranda, and use the roof slope angle tool to reduce it to a really low slope (probably 15 or 20, if you're trying for the effect I think you are), so it'll end up disappearing into the taller roof in the center, while still having coverage on the veranda.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:30 AM
Cool, thanks, I'll give that a try.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:42 AM
Perfect, thank you! I thought there had to be an easy way but didn't know you could put a roof on top of another roof.