Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 4:50 AM
Sunbee that is another one I forgot and I've had toddlers play with it.

63. Play with the toy robot. By Sunbee.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 9:01 AM
63. Good company if your Sims are low in social, and there's no one else around but the toddler. A quick wash in the bath, game of peek-a-boo, or the nursery rhyme, and both socials go straight up!

64. Watching them grow! It's nice to see how they transition from the chubby cheeked, sometimes awkward looks to very interesting Sims as the lifestages go by.

Everything else was mentioned that I love, especially the pets and toddler interactions. I spam pics and hang them on the Sims walls because I find it so darn adorable!

65. The activity table! I love seeing the tots standing up over it, their legs a little shaky, drawing, eating the crayon, playing with blocks and throwing them in the air like its the most amusing thing ever
Mad Poster
#28 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 11:13 AM
#64: They can 'huggle' other tots, which is extremely cute!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 11:17 AM
Even when they would do nothing at all, most toddlers are cute to look at just sitting there.
They make funny cute sounds. For example while they eat from a bowl in the high chair.
After they screamed their longues out and nobody came, they go sit down in the bed again while making a sound. Adorable.
I already was more than convinced toddlers are só cute before this thread.
When someone still isn't after this thread, they will never be.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 12:14 PM
Subee had #63 with Play with the toy robot.

RowenaLupin you have #64 as Good company and #65 Watching them grow The activity table was already said.

M.M.A.A yours was already said as well, but yes so very cute.

mirjamsim2love has
#66 Even when they would do nothing at all, most toddlers are cute to look at just sitting there.
#67 They make funny cute sounds. For example while they eat from a bowl in the high chair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#31 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
63 and 64 have both been mentioned, how about I add the hugging the clown to number 47? Anyone know what they do with the brick so I can add that?

So we are up to 63!

In addition to petting it, they also mouth it It's adorable.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjamsim2love
After they screamed their lungs out [in the cot] and nobody came, they go sit down in the bed again while making a sound. Adorable.

I thought mine sang when they did that. That and play with their feet.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#33 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I thought mine sang when they did that. That and play with their feet.

Yes, but before they do that, they let themselves fall on their butt and make some sound.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#34 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjamsim2love
Yes, but before they do that, they let themselves fall on their butt and make some sound.

Sounds like nos. 68 and 69 to me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 10:09 PM
If a toddler isn't picked up after crying in bed, he/she will plop down, pick their nose and examine the results carefully. Too funny!
Theorist
#36 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
I love this! Toddlers aren't everyone's cup of tea and certainly don't have to be, but I love the positive spin here. :lovestruc

I agree. The toddler stage is one of my favorites; they're just so cute!

I love everyone's reasons - I wish I could think of some myself but this seems to be a pretty comprehensive list.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Meet Me In My Next Life
#37 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 3:32 AM
The "Toddlers are so funny" They will go to a toy box that is so much bigger and taller than they are, but some how manage to pull a toy out of the toy box, and looking like they are about to fall into the box themselves while doing so.

And I love how they seem to like to pick in their nose look at it, and eat whatever comes out of it. When I see that I just lmao

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 4:48 AM
I'm getting lost with the numbers now, let's call it a neat 70 and say it's covered.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#39 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 2:25 PM
Toddlers can try to catch butterflies, and get really angry when they can't catch anything. They're so cute when they do that!
If there are more toddlers than one, they sometimes queue up in the bathroom to do the toilet exploration. Prepare for a wet floor!
On a beach lot they can play in the sand.
Dogs tend to sniff toddlers, even the master wolf. And instead of getting afraid, the toddler might even hug the animal.
A not so cute thing is the puking, such as after eating animal food or being thrown in the air.
And call me weird, but I htink the 'throw tantrum' animation in the highchair is a bit funny.
Also, if they're already stuffed when they're put in a highchair and get served food, they will empty the bowl by throwing the food away (and grin mischievously afterward).
I also find it funny that they get better at the musical toy when their skill get higher. The note effects change, too. From one blue note to several colorful notes. And the way they chew the stick is just adorable. As their skills progress both on the drawing board and with the building bricks, they draw (slightly) better and build higher towers.
Siblings (children) can teach them to sing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:44 PM
Most of those were covered such as chasing butterflies, but you added some more to them.
This one
Quote:
if they're already stuffed when they're put in a highchair and get served food, they will empty the bowl by throwing the food away (and grin mischievously afterward.
They do? I don't think I've even seen this! This game constantly has surprises. I'll have to try it out.
How about simmer22/Theraven for dogs sniffing toddlers #71, throwing food #72, Play becomes better with skill level #73 (I had forgotten about the musical notes changing colour) #74 A not so cute thing is the puking, such as after being thrown in the air. Added to by me- But very funny when it's on the nanny or annoying visitor!

Also seeing about the dog reminds me #75 Dogs may lick toddlers. It's an autonomous action on the dogs part. Might depend on the dogs personality or how high the relationship to the toddler is. I have one family with a very licky dog so I'm thinking it's the dogs personality because they had four children and the dog licked them all.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#41 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by medieval_simmer
I don't think anyone said that they can climb out of the crib if they know how to walk.

I thought it wás mentioned.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 8:25 PM
Oh, and the funny look in the cat/dog's face when a toddler hugs them. Kind of like 'you're squeezing me to death here!"
And their personality changes how they play with their toys. If they have evil, they bang the teddy bear against the floor and bite the ear. If they're nice, they hug it. And the clown toy is so funny - first they get really scared and then they hug it.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 8:57 PM
I, personally, like the Smart Milk glitch. It makes training so much easier, and if you let them keep the stuck effect through childhood, it makes skilling easier too. (I've started only allowing it after the transition to child if the kid is either going into private school or future knowledge aspiration.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 9:36 PM
Climbing out of the crib is in my original post.

I'm not so sure about the bear play (I don't know if I should call you Theraven or just Simmer22 over here) I took lots of snaps yesterday of my toddler playing with a bear; I'm sure she is at least five nice and she both hit him on the floor, chewed his ear and cuddled him. Her twin brother I tested the food throw on, it took a bottle and 2 bowls of food, but I caught the start of it.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#45 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:53 PM
Whatever you feel like calling me of those two is fine
I tested the bear thing when I did previews for the TS3 imaginary doll. They aren't consistent, and it might have something to do with social points too, but one with 0-1 (evil) is more likely to bite/hit the doll, while the nicer kids are more likely to hug it. If their needs are low might have an impact too, although I've not tested that... There's a few animation loops that are a bit randomized.

The throwing food is something I've rediscovered several times, the latest when I tested a baby sim with toddler age. Apparently he got tired with my 'one more photo'...

One thing I absolutely adore is the toddler bike Rebecah made (the slightly bulky one, not the red). They're so cute when they run around on it. Too bad the bike isn't steerable...

Hmm... I have a feeling we've reached the end of ingame things.
#46 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 7:18 PM
Peni Griffin- today when I was playing at the Burb's Lucy was taking care of her little sister Amanda and placed her on the floor after taking her out of the high chair. The house has no foundation, and when I saw butterflies outside I got so excited! It was adorable
And I forget who posted it but thanks to whoever said "If the boys wear a hat during toddlerhood they get Beau Broke's hairstyle." Good to know, because I love his hair
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#47 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 2:15 AM
Did you guys see this? Now that's cute.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=489844

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 3:13 AM
Yes It’s super cute. I left a comment on Honeywell's thread.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 5:22 AM
Oh, so nice to see tome toddler-love! In my real life I really don't want to have kids, but I enjoy them a lot in Sims 2, they're really cute! I've got some things that I believe weren't mentioned, should I go on from #71?

#71 - They way the smile when being taught how to walk. They look so happy and confident!
#72 - When a parent puts one of them in a crib, I think it's before s/he gives the toddler a kiss, the toddler tries to grab the parent's hand and it's really cute!
#73 - When they pick some dirt from their noses, give it a "Wow! Awesome!" look and... eat it! I laughed so much the first time I saw it!
#74 - The idle animations they do when they're in a crib with high energy.
#75 - By having a toddler you can use SimSquirts stuff. My sims used to have the cutest nurseries because of SimSquirts!

I also like to buy them lots of different clothes and take lots of pictures using the University camera. One different outfit every day! I've already taken more than 40 pictures of the same toddler, and I go on taking pictures as they grow up and those portraits look great as decorations when their parents get older.

And I think the word "cute" has never been used so much in a single thread here
Forum Resident
#50 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Did you guys see this? Now that's cute.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=489844

I wanted to have it, because it sure is cute.
Unfortunately, you have to have apartmentlife.
Page 2 of 5