Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 5:37 PM
Default I use gimp...have a question
ok i can export and OPEN all the image files but nothing shows up
on the .....dang it i dont know the correct name of it....

ok you have the "black photo"..."white photo" and the colored photo....

its that white photo that i can open but it shows nothing to alter...

do you think i am missing a plug in or am i not using gimp correctly..

thoughts please....

sorry if this is the wrong spot...
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 7:06 PM
You're right this isn't really the best place to ask this. I will move you as soon as I work out the best place....

I think we need a gimp support area! I have all sorts of problems with it too.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 10:11 PM
I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to do, but basically you want to create a new image (512x512 is good) and then decompose the colors to layers. Then you should have a red, green, blue, and alpha layer that you can edit.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 12:03 PM
i thought of something to try this morning.....

i viewed that file in S3pe....and then used the print screen to cut and paste
it into my exported file....

i tryed that using one of the plants and it looks fine in the game....
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 1:08 PM
Well that's..interesting.. and doesn't really sound like it should work. But, I guess it did, good for you

If I have the time, I think I'm going to continue working on my tutorial for patterning in gimp, since it seems a lot of people have issues with it.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 3:35 PM
well i could never understand why i can view the "black and colored" image but not the "white" one.....but since those files are nice and square...all i had to do is cut and
paste it from viewing it with S3PE with the printscreen....

but using gimp ingeneral is a bit on the complicated side anyhow....even i could use a good tutorial for it.....lol
Inventor
#7 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 1:16 PM
Oh, yes, please Grangeless, I would love to have a tutorial for patterning in GIMP.

I want to use the GIMP to make object _IMG files, that are DDS files too. I have trouble finding the right commands, especially when trying to save the selection to the alpha-channel.
A tutorial how to make patterns using an alpha channel could give that info!
At least thats what I hope.