Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 7:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Recently Updated My Game To 1.67, Now I Can't Use My Custom Content.
So. I manually updated to 1.67 after not being able to update through the launcher (It would just freeze and not do anything but that's not the problem here). I decided not to disable custom content and mods because the last time I updated I didn't and everything was fine. Well I guess I was WRONG this time because when I loaded up cas, none of my custom hair, or ANY of the EA hair showed up on the screen. I tried removing my mods folder and loading up the game and everything was fine. I guessed that it just needed a reset or something so I closed the game and put it back. But then I went back and loaded up cas and the same thing happened.

I looked up the problem on Google and it said that a lot of people were having this problem with 1.63. Is there any way I am able to fix this problem or "un-patch" my game or am I forced to not use custom content until EA figures out there is a problem and fixes it?

Most importantly, is there anyone else having this problem?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 8:47 PM
Ok, what you seem to be saying is that you took out the Mods folder, and your problem was gone. You put it back, and the problem came back.

The only way to 'unpatch' would be to uninstall the game, reinstall it, and only patch to the level you want to be at. It would be a lot simpler to go through your mods folder to find which bit(s) of CC are no longer working under the current patch level. It's most likely a game mod or a script mod. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content is a FAQ which details the procedure for tracking it down.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 4:22 PM
I had a similar problem. After trial and error, I had to actually convert ALL of my games to the digital Origin version. Somehow my game borked during a normal gameplay. I hadn't installed any recent CC. Appeared the game had a delayed reaction to the update in my situation. Still a slow go for my original packages deciding as I play what now I want to reinstall.

Good Luck. This is just a suggestion if all else fails.