Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 4:17 AM Last edited by MadamFoster : 3rd Apr 2014 at 5:34 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Useless child
Hey guys. I've got something really frustrating going on, I looked around and didn't find anything that was exactly my problem, so hopefully someone can help me.

I have a Sim child who's just kind of...stuck. Here's what happened. He had one day left before he was supposed to age up, so I got the birthday cake and had him blow out the candles and everything. And then nothing. So I was like ok that's weird, but I'll just let him do it naturally tomorrow when he's down to zero days. But he basically won't do anything. Most things that I try to make him do (shower, go to bed, etc.), go into the queue for a split second and then fall back out. I tried the resetsim cheat and it just refreshes his needs, but it doesn't fix the problem. I haven't downloaded any new CC or anything so I have no idea what's wrong. If someone helps me with this I'll give them a dozen cookies because this is my favorite family and now I don't know what to do with them

Edit: alright I think there's something wrong with the game as a whole because now I tried to play another family and the clock is stuck at 9 PM.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 6:35 PM
Are you using any of NRaas Mods? I would suggest using the ResetSim and/or AgeTransition with MasterController - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController, and would also suggest using Overwatch - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch to try not only to correct this one, but to help prevent this in the future as well.

Yes, a sim stuck aging can and will corrupt your game. Users have reported games becoming completely unusable once corruption sets in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 12:20 PM
I've often thought about using the Nraas mods but...to be honest, I can't figure out how to use them. And I'm reading about them right now but I can't even focus. I had surgery on my head a couple of days ago and I'm really groggy from painkillers and everything so that's not helping at all. Could you maybe explain to me how to use them? I'd appreciate it hugely.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 2:47 PM
Overwatch is actually fairly simple to use, simply download and place it in your mods\packages folder. When you play the game Overwatch works on its own, it really doesn't require any input or direction from you unless you want to tweak some settings. It checks a multiple of things at startup and then continues to check things on a regular basis, such as sims stuck due to routing failures, age transitions, removing data for items or objects no longer in your game, etc.

MasterController can be invoked by clicking on the ground on your sims lot, clicking on the sim, clicking on any computer, and clicking on city hall. Each one will give you slightly different options, but most are the same. For you, I would try "trigger age transistion" and/or resetsim.

For ResetSim - Click on the sim > NRaas > MasterController > Advanced > ResetSim, note this is much more than the simple ResetSim from the game cheat console.

For Trigger Age Transition - click on the sim > Nraas > MasterController > Intermediate > Trigger Age Transition

Hopefully, one of those will help you out. You have checked that the child isn't wearing any bizarre clothing correct? You may want to double check and put them in base game clothes rule that out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 9:38 PM Last edited by MadamFoster : 4th Apr 2014 at 10:18 PM.
Thank you so much. I've been so wary about putting any new mods in my game but these don't sound difficult to use now that you've explained. Thank you! I'll go give these a try now

Edit: Ok so...I tried to go to their household and I can't even switch to them. The button is there, but when I click on it, it doesn't change to them. And if I look in the relationship panels of other Sims, the boy who is stuck doesn't show up. His name is there but not his picture. So is there any way to fix this? :/