Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 1:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Help: School-based Opportunities not registering as Completed
Hey,

So, I've got the issue where sims can't complete opportunities at their schools. It's fairly recent, they could go to Prom and fulfill opportunities last time I played a few months ago, but now, while they've gone and done the 'Debate Club President' opportunity, and also the 'Trophy Presentation' I've received pop-ups after each with a message to the effect of 'shame your sim couldn't make it'.

Oh, if it helps, the normal 'go do this thing' button in the opportunities was greyed out, but I could send them to both opportunities by clicking on the school (blue star was both present and clickable). And they both went, and they both stayed, and it all seemed entirely successful until the opportunity expiry time when I received the pop up messages.

I've seen discussions of similar issues, and they all seem to involve schools which are combined with other rabbit holes, which this school is not. Other option is that its mod-based, I guess, but I don't think I've made any major mod changes that would effect this (the only school based mod I have is the nraas careers mod, which has never caused this problem for me before now (last time I played, another sim successfully completed the 'Debate Club President' opportunity, and I had careers installed then too)).

Basically, I don't know what's gone wrong, and I don't know how to fix it, but I would rather like to, if anyone has any ideas...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 6:54 PM
Have you patched your game at all? Which games do you have? What is your current patch level? Do the NRaas mods you have match your patch level? If you move the mods/packages folder to your desktop, start and load your game, test to see if things work properly or not, Dont Save. If it works, then you have a mod issue, if not, it may be a glitch with Story Progression. Are you using the default EA Story Progression or a custom one?