Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 11:34 AM Last edited by Angelique : 3rd Apr 2014 at 2:17 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons
Default Another "serious error" while loading saved game-hell...
I'm currently in a war with my Sims 3. I don't have the best computer in the world, and I do play on a laptop, but it should be able to handle TS3. Maybe not with tip top graphics, but not causing these kind of problems. I've seen people posting about this problem sporting a goddamn Alienware apparatus. Yes, this seems to be a common problem (thanks EAxis), but surely there must be a solution? Even for me?

I don't think it can help my situation, but I'm going to put my computer specs in a spoiler because of reasons.

The error:
A serious error has occurred while loading "MyStupidSave.Sims3" It is strongly recommended you restart the application.

What I have already tried:
Restarting the computer, reinstalling the game, removing all CC, making a new save and switching the meta.data, the .backup file, manually unlocking the Electronic Arts folder, renaming the The Sims 3 folder, setting the compatibility to Windows 95/XP/7, yelling, crying.

The last thing my fragile hope is clinging on to is a MTS page about the Unlocker. (http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...or_Has_Occurred)

Now the problem is:
I am certain I have installed the correct Unlocker, and yet when I right click Electronic Arts and choose it, it says "No Locking handle found."

Am I missing something? Should I give up and play real life instead?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 8:26 PM
ok, I'm a little confused, you're getting this error when TS3 loads, or TS3 loads and you get the error when you try to load a new or saved game? That error has always happened to me when TS3 loads and is usually one of the common reasons: If this occurs when you attempt to load a saved game, is it just one saved game or any? can you start a new game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
ok, I'm a little confused, you're getting this error when TS3 loads, or TS3 loads and you get the error when you try to load a new or saved game? That error has always happened to me when TS3 loads and is usually one of the common reasons: If this occurs when you attempt to load a saved game, is it just one saved game or any? can you start a new game?

Sorry for confusing you. The error/crash occurs when I try to load a saved game. It's the same for any saved game; even if I just loaded a new world and saved it straight away. The second I try and load it again, that error pops up and I have to close the game.

I can start a new game, play it and save it, but if I try to load it again.... nope.