Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:57 PM
Sims3Pack content doesn't show up in the game
I've tried to put them in Downloads folder and install via launcher but that didn't work. Then I converted sims3pack files to package using Sims3Pack Multi Installer and I got over 500 package files. I put them in Package folder but the game just stopped loading. What should I do? Do I still need the framework?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 3:06 PM Last edited by Chantel46 : 7th Jul 2012 at 4:29 PM.
Try installing 100-500 items at a time through the launcher. As far as package files you yes u need framework. Install delphy's dashboard to see if some package files are conflicting with each other or they may be corrupt or broken and preventing the game to run. U can get the dashboard here http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006

Edited to add link
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 4:47 PM
I tried installing several items at a time, didn't work. And which framework do I need? Do I also need Helper Monkey?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 5:11 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 3.

Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing .package and sims3packs.

That link should help you! :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 5:21 PM
I've read all your guides and done everything they say but cc from EA store still doesn't show up ;/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 5:47 PM
Did you try everything mentioned at the bottom of this article?
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lling_TS3_Packs
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 6:10 PM
If you mean those questions then the answer to all of them is yes.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 6:17 PM
No, I mean the last line which says 'If you have any issues in getting Sims3Pack content to show up, do the suggestions in Game Help:GCCTSU3 Start.'
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 11:41 PM Last edited by Chantel46 : 8th Jul 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by eveeve
I tried installing several items at a time, didn't work. And which framework do I need? Do I also need Helper Monkey?

No don't use monkey helper, it is outdated. You can find the framework you need here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15184.0.html this is only needed for .package files.
If all fails, uninstall and reinstall the game and make sure u update to the latest patch
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 12:36 AM
I haven't used anything Awesome for a while - but doesn't it work if you make a folder called Mods in your Documents folder, then do all the stuff that MTS says to do in 2012?

Not sure if I'd try doing stuff that I was told to do in 2009.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chantel46
No don't use monkey helper, it is outdated. You can find the framework you need here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15184.0.html this is only needed for .package files.
If all fails, uninstall and reinstall the game and make sure u update to the latest patch

And how do I use this framework? I can't find any information.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eveeve
And how do I use this framework? I can't find any information.

Heya!

1. Extract.
2. Go to framework-->Game-->Bin.
3. Copy the .dll and paste it in Documents-->Electronic Arts-->Game-->Bin
4. Copy the folder Mods (framework-->Mods) and paste it in Documents-->Electronic Arts
5. Copy the Resource.cfg and paste it in Documents-->Electronic Arts-->Mods
6. Place all the .package content you want in the game in Packages.

If this doesn't help, use this

Good luck!
Site Helper
#13 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 2:00 PM
The instructions at MATY seem a bit outdated. You put nothing into your Main install directory. I would suspect that the Framework from MATY might also be equally outdated.

If you downloaded a Framework from MTS (In the wiki article that Simsample suggested about Getting Custom Content to show up) , what you do is to unzip the folder, open the resulting Framework Setup folder, and move everything "as-is" into the Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 folder. This makes your game able to use .package CC.

Unfortunately, it does nothing about Sims3packs, as they are -supposed- to be able to be installed from the Launcher.

This is the GCCTSU link, in case you missed it. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...p:GCCTSU3_Start

Edit: Yes, if there is a .dll involved, that framework is outdated. You do not need to put a .dll into your Game Bin anymore, and doing so -can- cause problems.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you downloaded a Framework from MTS (In the wiki article that Simsample suggested about Getting Custom Content to show up) , what you do is to unzip the folder, open the resulting Framework Setup folder, and move everything "as-is" into the Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 folder. This makes your game able to use .package CC.

That's exactly what I did, just manually. But some of my packages and sims3packs still don't show up.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 9:51 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Post Your Game Versions
    In order to help you we need more information on your game versions.
    If you need help finding what your game versions are see the links below:
    Please post the game version for each game that you have,
    (i.e. 1.12.70.006001 or 2.12.8.009017)
    • Base Game =
    • World Adventures =
    • High End Loft =
    • Ambitions =
    • Fast Lane =
    • Late Night =
    • Outdoor Living =
    • Generations =
    • Town Life =

• Sims 3 - Verify Package Installation
    To help you further, please carefully read and follow the following:

First, double-check your setup: These instructions will take you through the things you should check yourself: Package Files Not Working. You may be able to fix the problem yourself using those instructions.

Still not working? Then we will need ALL of the following information.
    1. What is the version of your base game?
      Windows OS: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversionwiki
      Mac OSX: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversion#info.plistwiki

Copy and paste the indicated line from the skuversion.txt or info.plist, from the respective locations shown in the Find Gameversion Wiki, which would show you how to navigate to the following path: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
    2. Take THREE screenshots... one each of the following locations, with the Explorer/Finder window showing the Details View:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

... and attach them to a post on this thread. Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Or if it says the pictures are too big, you can upload them to modyourpanties.com and copy and paste the links.
      We have a guide on how to take screenshots if you need assistance: Game_Help:Screenshotswiki.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode, that you have file types showing (.package, .cfg, etc. on the ends of the filenames) and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable!

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad/TextEdit and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?

This is just going in circles! Let's try to find out what's going on. Please give us the above information.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 6:39 AM
Here is the information you asked for:

Base Game = 1.34.27.016002
World Adventures = 2.17.2.011032
Late Night = 6.0.81.009001
Generations = 8.0.152.011001
Pets = 10.0.96.013001

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Resource.cfg:

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
Site Helper
#17 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:00 PM
We can't see the file extensions, but the resource.cfg should be a .cfg file. Yours is showing as a Microsoft Office item. Can you double check to be sure it's a cfg with no further extensions?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:30 PM
In properties the type of file is "Microsoft Office Outlook Configuration File".
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:22 PM
What are the folders in your Sims 3 folder entitled 'Content', 'Hair', 'Objects & Sets', 'Pack', 'Patterns', 'Sims'? They should not be there- if they contain package files then they should be in the Mods folder.

Also, please show the file extension of the resource file:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/865219
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 7:54 AM
Those folders contain sims3pack files. And the extension is .cfg :
In the Arena
retired moderator
#21 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 2:17 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 2:55 PM
I still need help. Now neither packages nor sims3packs aren't working ;/
In the Arena
retired moderator
#23 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 6:03 PM
And...so I repeat simsample's question, as I see the Monkey icon:
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
No, I mean the last line which says 'If you have any issues in getting Sims3Pack content to show up, do the suggestions in Game Help:GCCTSU3 Start.'
Have you work through that FAQ?

Select a handful Sim3Pack to test with, not hundreds of stuff. Best if
  • one Store stuff (a world, preferably) and
  • two 3rd-party CC stuffs
    1. one CAS and
    2. one Buy or Build mode, so we got all the options covered.
And for .packages, redo the Mods folder Framework like the Game_Help:GCCTSU3_Startwiki advises for .package content. And just testing with the 2 test files in /Mods/Packages are sufficient.
Where are the Sim3Packs downloaded from? The ones that are not installable?

And you are reading Overviews/Descriptions for each CC, aren't you? To make sure the CC are compatible with your game version and that you have all the EPs/SPs and meet any other requirements the CC creator stated? ie Game_Help:GCCTSU3_VerifyCompatibilitywiki

And, last but not least: are you still on patch 1.34 at this point of time?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 7:47 PM
Yes, I've worked through that FAQ and I've already uninstalled Helper Monkey. I downloaded those CC a long time ago and it worked fine. But I reinstalled my game recently and then it got messed up. Now in my saved game many items are raplaced with others. And also not all sims3packs don't show up. Some items show up in the game and some don't. Now it's really hard for me to remember which item belongs to which sims3pack. And yes, I'm still on patch 1.34.
Site Helper
#25 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:48 PM
It is possible that the missing CC is not compatible with your patch level, especially if it worked a long time ago, and has stopped working now.

Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: olllllld
Page 1 of 2