Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 10:05 PM
Default I don't get it. Or do I?
Hi, I played Free Time only for an hour or so but although I loved it, I'm a bit confused. Will each Sim's hobby become clear just by performing every day tasks? Or do I need to buy things that they may or may not like using? And I was playing with the "Mole" guy who's into tinkering. He's got these piles of crap lying around that I can choose to "look at" and he just laughs at the piles after a while... What's going on there? And can a Sim get points and advantages even in hobbies he or she might not particularly care for as much as another?
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 10:09 PM
The "piles of crap" (lol) are just decorative items I would think. You need to buy items that help enthusiasm - like the car kit for Tinkering, the sewing machine for Arts & Crafts Sims, the ant farm for Science, etc. You can get enthusiasm points in any hobby, just like any Sim can acquire any skill point.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 10:13 PM
I just played John Mole (I think that's his name) for a while and I had him use the phone and get a subscription to tinkering magazine. He read it and gained an additional enthrusiasm point. I also bought him the car junker and the train set. They rolled as wants. So he is now fixing the car engine.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
The "piles of crap" (lol) are just decorative items I would think.

I dunno. I think he got a +tinkering point added after he laughed at them! :S So though they behave like decorations, it seems to add something to his hobby.