Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I need help with simpe please. I want to edit strings

Above is a pic to show you what I would like to do, the very frustrating part is I did it yesterday by accident and for the life of me can't remember how to do it now. I would like to edit the outfit names to others, since I have changed the img files and they are now different outfits. Any help would be gladly appreciated :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:54 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jul 2014 at 2:08 AM.
To change the strings, you'll probably have to change the lines in the Pie Menu Strings.

Baby skintone changers are very outdated, and not much needed unless you want to change the skin. You might want to try non-default outfits instead. You can have as many as you want, they can be linked to different meshes, and they can be sorted into genders and categories. They'll work like regular outfits together with a mod if you have Pets or higher EPs. If you only have lower EPs than Pets, the mod won't work, but the clothes can still show up randomly on babies if they're towniefied.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
To change the strings, you'll probably have to change the lines in the Pie Menu Strings.

Baby skintone changers are very outdated, and not much needed unless you want to change the skin. You might want to try non-default outfits instead. You can have as many as you want, they can be linked to different meshes, and they can be sorted into genders and categories. They'll work like regular outfits together with a mod if you have Pets or higher EPs. If you only have lower EPs than Pets, the mod won't work, but the clothes can still show up randomly on babies if they're towniefied.

I managed to somehow change it yesterday. I used the one I changed years ago while I was still actively playing sims 2, its this one

Into this one

but now I was unable to do it today, I wanted to change the green ones to something different. I know about the mesh outfits, I made some of those as well back in the day, but I prefer this one because my twins can look differently now, with the other meshes all the babies in the world wear the same outfit, unless something have changed since I left the sims 2 community, if so , could you please link me to the new outfits Thanks so much for your advice I will go and look for the pie menu strings now :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 2:35 AM
I can't see it there

I am sure I did it in the first pic where the outfit strings are, but now its not allowing me too. Ugh perhaps I must just give up and go back to sims 3 till 4 comes out LOL I am too rusty
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 3:28 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jul 2014 at 3:48 AM.
The setup is probably a little different from what I'm used to from poseboxes. Haven't touched the skintone changer in ages. I would've opened one and taken a look at it if I could, but the files are removed, and I probably deleted mine because I didn't need them anymore. Have you tried clicking all of the resource lines, to see which of them has the pie menu lines? My guess is the "outfits" or the "Pie Menu" lines, but I'm pretty sure they've changed some Resource names. When in doubt, check everything...

In any case, the non-defaults are much better. All the babies can look different with them, and you can easily change outfits ingame, plus they'll keep their original skin. They can even have custom hairs, makeup (face details), and layerable accessories.
Like so:

You can find the link to my site in my signature. My stuff is in the "Raven's Sims 2 Downloads" category.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 3:54 AM
Oh My gosh Raven <3 I am Simaholic from Insimenator, I have not touched the baby things in years too, we used to recolour Bloom's meshes I will go and have a look at your baby stuff, I use to love your recolours more than my own
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:21 AM
Ah.I remember You know, different names and all.

I've been busy making all things baby lately. I've actually converted most of my old outfits to non-defaults. It's a bit more work, but totally worth it. I was always annoyed we could only have one (later, two) outfits at a time, but now I have a few thousand to choose from.

By the way, the skintone changers are gone from Insim. Either removed or the links don't work. Not sure if you had any up, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:26 AM
I downloaded my own one the day before yesterday, they should still be there, the upload is on the second post. http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100485.0.html I made another one as well, I did not download that one though its here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1471847 the download is in the second post as well, most of my uploads the downloads are in the second post Feel free to use any of mine for your non defaults now that sims 2 is making its return. I am looking at all your lovely ones now, might just have to get them all LOL
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:29 AM
Ah I forgot about the 'links in second post' we had over there for a while.
(it's 5.30 in the morning, I'm still up, and my brain must have stopped working properly a while ago)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:32 AM
lol yeah they asked us to do that in the new insim when the other one went kabooooom