Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:36 AM
Default Digtal Download Question
I decided to preorder FreeTime with the digital downloader. I did this with pets and it had an icon with a count down timer for the release date. This time a icon didn't show or the count down timer. I was wondering if anyone esle is having this issue? If you preordered it the same way did you get the icon or not?
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:25 AM
I preordered the same way you did. However, they changed the EA Link to the EA Store where you use the "EA Download Manager" so I'm not sure how this works. They said we would get an email or something pretaining to the game being ready for download or whatnot.

AHA! Here's the answer:
"I preordered a game from EA's webstore. How do I get it?
You will receive an email notification when your game is available for download. Simply log in to the EADM and it will be listed in your library of downloads. Click Start to begin downloading."

Just to let you know nothing happened.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:50 AM
Thanks for answering so quickly.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:23 AM
No Problem. I keep checking my e-mail constantly now, just to see if they say.. "Oh you know what here have this, we actually were playing a joke... now click that link!" XD

#5 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:39 PM
i have a quick question about the download - when it says 12:00 CST on Feb 27th (when it is available), does that mean midnight or noon?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aRt
i have a quick question about the download - when it says 12:00 CST on Feb 27th (when it is available), does that mean midnight or noon?

I'm thinking midnight. If it is midnight, I will be downloading before I go to sleep. Then get up at 5AM to play!
If it's the afternoon, well I'd be ... disappointed because I'd have to wait even longer, because I have school. But the next day after, I'll be on a field trip. No homework? I think so!

#7 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:42 PM
haha, i'm hoping it's midnight! this ep looks like it's going to be amazing

thanks fway! :howdy:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 11:43 PM

it is noon, atleast thats what the guy at the eastore customer service told me.
#9 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 11:51 PM
ugh, i don't have class tomorrow so midnight would have been perfect...

oh well. thanks for the answer k.beck
#10 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 11:56 PM
i assumed it would be midnight when i pre-ordered, but it never explicitly said

i live in the central time zone, so i guess i'll know for sure in 6 hours

:eviltongu
#11 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:26 AM
I guess we'll all know in about 5 1/2 hours. I do remember, though, I used Digital Download to buy the Seasons EP and the download time for that was very weird -- I think it was like 2 in the afternoon.

So, who knows? I hope it's midnight, though.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:37 AM

I have a couple questions reguarding if I download the expansion over buying the disc version.

1. do I have to download another program in order to download the expansion? If so, is it a pain the butt? lol
2. If I ever have to reinstall the sims 2 for any reason, do I have to repurchase the expansion?
#13 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thunderesss
I have a couple questions reguarding if I download the expansion over buying the disc version.

1. do I have to download another program in order to download the expansion? If so, is it a pain the butt? lol
2. If I ever have to reinstall the sims 2 for any reason, do I have to repurchase the expansion?

1. you need the ea download manager (i think that's what it's called). you can get it on the ea store website. it's free and not a pain in the butt =)
2. no, you don't need to repurchase the expansion. as long as you have your username and password, you can redownload
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:12 AM
1. you need the ea download manager (i think that's what it's called). you can get it on the ea store website. it's free and not a pain in the butt =)
2. no, you don't need to repurchase the expansion. as long as you have your username and password, you can redownload

thanks
#15 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:22 AM
really? i just redownloaded some of my games on my laptop - some of these are at least a year old and i never bought an extended thing

i hope that's not some new thing they're implementing on games we download now :doh

and i didn't think we could burn our games to discs. how do i do that? it would be nice to have a hard copy
#16 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:55 AM
haha yeah, i take it out, too. these games are expensive enough as it is
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
The extended thing is automatically put into it unless you specifically take it out, Like I do.

yeah i did see where it said I could copy it to a disk, which i will lol just to be safe, and yes I wasnt paying the added price just for them to keep a copy of it for me they get enough of my dang money... lets see sims 1 and all those expansions... sims 2 and every expansion and stuffs packs... yeah i say they get enough :eviltongu lol.

Anyone spending thier time looking at the strategy guide for the game while they wait?

Mine is downloading... sits and waits so I can at least drool over it :smash:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:58 AM
blah my order still shows as Order Status: Order Submitted. Has anyones gone to Order Completed yet?
Forum Resident
#19 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:02 AM
will know in a hour if the game can be downloaded at 12 am cst hope so if not do it when i get up i am in pst so get 2 hours earlier
Forum Resident
#20 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:30 AM
Lol ok 10 pm my time 12 am yours if the download is at 12 am and not 12 noon
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:04 AM
has anyone been able to download it yet?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:16 AM
I haven't been able to download it yet either. When I had preordered Pets the download was available at 12 pm cst. Oh well, was hoping it was 12 am instead.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:16 AM
This is what it says on the website Available as Direct Download

http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/Contr...ductID=85947700

So I'm guessing it probably isn't going to be up to d/l until either 12am CST time or until 12pm. I'm betting the latter though, shame really.
#24 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:03 PM
It should be available now, right? Has anyone else been able to download? Because I haven't.
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:04 PM
I can't either, and I can't for the life of me find a customer service number I can call. I should have gone to Gamestop and bought it I'd have it now >_<
Page 1 of 3