Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:46 PM
Default Blue eyes of buginess.
All right, my poor Simmies are having a bad case of the return of the blue eyes of major annoyance after everything worked fine at first. *sighs*

Has anyone been able to discover the source of this supposedly fixed EAxis bug yet, or has been able to fix it?

Thanks ever so much!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:46 PM Last edited by AJSimon : 31st Mar 2011 at 8:03 PM.
I also am running the patched game. It occurred for me when I took one of my Sims to the dresser or chest to change outfits. It goes away if you quit and restart (for me anyway).
Wish there was a way to fix this...

*UPDATE* - I tried clearing the cache files from the game folder in My Documents, which I did regularly in the Sims 3 anyway. This seemed to fix it, at least for now.

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 1:27 PM
Which files exactly did you removed?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 1:39 PM
Ohhh thanks, AJSimon! This hadn't occured to me for some reason. *facepalms* It makes so so much sense.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:43 PM
Where can I find said cache files (never played sims 3...I know...LAME)
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:27 PM
Yes! How do you clear the cache? I never played Sims 3 either.

Speaking of-- I put treeag's new CAS editor into my Mod/Package folder to attempt to fix the blue-eyed disease. So, exactly how do I access this in the game? I have Fremen running all over Queen Barbie's Dreamland.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:43 PM
Click on the Sim you want to change. There should be a new command now, "Edit in CAS". Et voila. Clothing changes will not apply, but you can always use the regular dressers for that.

The cache files you're looking for are in C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\ I assume it would be simCompositorCache.package in this case.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 8:03 PM
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 9:00 PM
Link to Treeag's CAS Editor?

thanks
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 9:43 PM
Thanks Rockerduck!

michelleswan-- http://www.mediafire.com/?2vww0e2mwgy2jqa

It didn't work for me until I did this too. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344
Instructor
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:49 AM
Glad I could help, it was driving me nuts, so I just tried the first thing that came to mind. Hope everyone's games work a little better now

Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Click on the Sim you want to change. There should be a new command now, "Edit in CAS". Et voila. Clothing changes will not apply, but you can always use the regular dressers for that.

The cache files you're looking for are in C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\ I assume it would be simCompositorCache.package in this case.

By "clearing" the cache, do you mean "delete" it? --- It didn't work for me. My entire kingdom is still blue-eyed. I feel like crying!!!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elfo_Blanco
By "clearing" the cache, do you mean "delete" it? --- It didn't work for me. My entire kingdom is still blue-eyed. I feel like crying!!!

For me too neither worked. I added treaag great mod for edit in cas during gameplay and fixed the eyes (and saved the custom colors also^^) After days of playing there's no sign of orrid dark eyes^^
Instructor
#14 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:02 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 8th Apr 2011 at 1:24 AM.
It just happened to me too, I have everything correctly installed (I think, at least, my mods are working) and treeag's "edit in CAS", I regularly delete my .cache files (a habit acquired with TS3), and I don't have any custom colors in my bin, though I have used the color wheel to create the eye color of some of my Sims.

I recently re-installed the original (un-tweaked) Commands.ini file and placed the "testing cheats enabled" mod in my Packages folder (since both things have the same functionality, right?), and I have no idea if it's related but I noticed my Sims have dark blue eyes and I can't change them in "edit in CAS" when just recently I still could. Another thing that happens is that if I try to use the color wheel my game freezes on that screen, no matter what I click on it won't respond until I press esc.

To me this means that this bug is related in one way or another to custom eye colors, since as you can see in the attachment the color is stuck on dark blue on the bottom bar, even if another color is selected in the color wheel, and the RGB numbers correspond to the hellish blue color, not the other selected color.

Screenshots

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:59 AM
I never noticed the bug, although I have to admit I've been playing my graphics on low due to having 'only' a 256 mb card.
Instructor
#16 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elfo_Blanco

Yes delete.

Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:00 AM
Seems like there's a lot of incest within the kingdom.

Sounds strange.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:18 AM
I created a new sim today and as soon as I saved her eyes immediately reverted to blue. When I tried to edit her eye color it didn't change no matter what I clicked on ether in the preset colors or on the color wheel. I've deleted my cache files the problem persists. I wish EA or anyone else could fix it. I love blue but these eyes are way too dark.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 10:22 AM
I'm creating a new set of heroes: the latest ones again have the blu eyes bug. I noticed that they beacem blu when i saved my sims, or when you choose a new outfit from in game interaction. But when using edit in CAS of Treaag the custom colors works. How i wish that in edit in Cas can be used for adding clothes and saving sim! This will fix the problem!
Instructor
#20 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 6:07 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 8th Apr 2011 at 7:35 PM.
I think I found the solution! Try removing the userPresets package file from your Documents\The Sims Medieval and deleting your Cache files (all three of them: CASPart, simCompositor and compositor).

The downside: this will delete the custom eyes, pattern recolors etc... you have saved. Also to stay on the safe side I would only use the pre-set EA eye colors, not colors created with the color wheel.

(Btw, treeag's "edit in cas" mod didn't work for me with this blue eyes problem, for some reason)

Edit: nah, the problem is back, so I don't know, I'll just have to live with it until there's a fix. I'm almost sure it has something to do either with userPresets or custom textures. Some (most) of my Sims are wearing clothing recolored with fabric textures that I had saved in favorites, could that be the origin of the bork?

Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:23 PM
I tried the same some time ago, but didn't worked, oh well let's hope that ea guys fix this.
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Some (most) of my Sims are wearing clothing recolored with fabric textures that I had saved in favorites, could that be the origin of the bork?
Well, the eyes of my sims turned blue every once in a while, too. But I don't have saved anything in favourites. So I guess that should not be the origin...

It's too bad that neither EA had patched this nor someone else found a solution... The first few times my blue eyes vanished through deleting the cache files, but by now even that doesn't work anymore. I'm quite desperate.
Instructor
#23 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:33 PM
This is so weird, it has stopped happening, my Sims can have other color eyes again if I edit them in CAS. I'm still careful not to save custom colors or use colors created with the color wheel though, just EA's pre-made ones (using those of the extended color palette, though).

Forum Resident
#24 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:57 PM
Yeah I have it too!

I can't get any help about this anywhere about this, but when I installed the "TestingCheatsEnabled" and "Edit In CAS" mods, any new Sim who came to the kingdom later on during the game (for example, Frgo, the guy who used to be a frog) would not be affected by the bug. So I guess I stopped any future Sims from getting the bug, but the Sims who were affected before, still have it. The only thing I can do to get rid of this bug is to go to any affected Sim and click "Edit In CAS" and change their eye colour to something that isn't as bad as those ultra-dark blue eyes.

Yeah it's a slow process, but it's the only thing that gets rid of the bug, for me, until EA gets rid of this annoying problem!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Instructor
#25 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guysim1993
I can't get any help about this anywhere about this, but when I installed the "TestingCheatsEnabled" and "Edit In CAS" mods, any new Sim who came to the kingdom later on during the game (for example, Frgo, the guy who used to be a frog) would not be affected by the bug.

I don't know, I got the bug with both these mods installed, but not anymore. I still think it has something to do with either custom colors/textures and the UserPresets file but why is beyond me...

Page 1 of 4