Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 5:43 AM
Default Creating dorm rooms
Okay, I'm not sure if it's possible. Can you create a dorm room where you can have 10 dorm rooms, move in one sim and the other rooms fill up with college students you don't control??? I created a 'house' in the uni. campus, but don't know how to make it an actual dorm room
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 5:44 AM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 5:50 AM
thanks boolpropped, i'm a doofus! I searched the forums, but not the game help (smacks myself on the forehead)
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 6:04 AM
Not a problem, kittie. I actually find it really fun to create my own dorms. The Maxis dorms are just not my style at all.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 6:37 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean!
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 7:44 AM
I created my own dorm a few months ago, and let me tell you- it makes ALL the difference. University is actually bearable now!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 5:05 PM
lol. That's what I'm hoping. I really hate the dorms that come with the campus. They really are bad.
#8 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 7:10 AM
Default Creating dorm rooms
You are now officially "on your own" and your first step, even before cracking the books, is to get your new home life in order. The tiny room in your dorm (that you probably are sharing with someone else) is your home base for the next nine months. Here are some ideas on how to make it comfortable and cool. First off, know all the rules for your dormitory. There may be rules about what can be put on walls, whether or not you can paint (probably not), what is allowed on windows, and so forth. Familiarize yourself with your dorm's restrictions before buying anything. Second, consider your roommate. Your room will be an expression of yourself so make sure you are not mispresenting yourself. Make it friendly to your roommate, don't crowd their space. If you already have been told who he/she is going to be, give them a call or write them a letter to get to know them and give them an idea of what you will be doing to the room. There may only be room for one throw rug or easy chair, so there is no reason for you both to show up with an item that you have no space for.
#9 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 7:07 PM
Hank, you do know this is Sims 2 Discussion, not the Legalities of Uni Deco Forums...
Site Helper
#10 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 7:48 PM
Well, his sig says he is part of impulsive group... I thought he was just being impulsive.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#11 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 8:23 PM
wow... I hope he continues posts like this. That was a pretty wild ride.