Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 3:57 AM
Default Photography Studio
I was thinking about creating a photography studio...maybe as a home business or maybe just as a community lot. This, ideally, should be a place with a number of different set ups where I can send my sims to get good quality pictures. I was thinking I could include all of the great picture taking hacks on the lot. Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 4:23 AM
Okay this is just coming off the top of my head, so bear with me.

The method I would try is to set it up as a home business , but maybe not the traditional OFB way. Invite (or teleport) the model you want the picture of. Take control of that sim (there are a few hacks that will make the sim selectable). Have them pose, with the background set up or however you have your studio set up. After the picture(s) are taken, send the model back home so they can send the payment. When the payment is recived by the photographer, the photographer can then give the picture as a gift

The same photographer can also be invited to the model(s) house. This time, make the photographer selectable. Haven s/he take the picture and go back home. Have the model send payment and again, the photographer can come by and give the picture as a gift.
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 5:16 AM
That's a really cool idea. Mayyyyybeeee I could even have a talented sim paint the customer and sell the painting to them hmmmmmmm.....
Site Helper
#4 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 1:00 PM
If you have the camera reward you can even use that. (The photo comes out the side of the camera. If you play "hunt the hot pixel" you can put the photo on a wall or a table.
(Or give it as a gift.)

(This might work as a home ticket business.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 2:27 PM
awesome thanks!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 3:55 PM
Sidney, what exactly is "hunt the hot pixel"?
Site Helper
#7 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:32 PM
That's where you slowly move your cursor around the screen until you find the one very tiny spot that allows you to perform a certain action.

(The phrase was coined by a hint book for Daggerfall where one of the random quests you could get was to go into a dungeon (whose floor was usually covered in bloodstains) to pick up some monster blood for a quest giver. There was a special bloodstain somewhere in a random location (usually on the bloodstained floor) and you had to click exactly the right spot on the bloodstain to pick it up. The book advised rejecting that quest out of hand unless you really enjoy playing hunt the hot pixel while you are being chased by monsters.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 2:16 AM
omg romeraven I was wondering the same thing, but I didn't want to ask!

....so you can only get the picture if you can find a certain spot?
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 8:47 PM
ive never had trouble getting the picture , lol i have more trouble getting a sim clicked on to great them with out having to pause the game first =/

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Site Helper
#10 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:06 PM
If you are too close, the camera itself can get in the way, and too far out you can't find the picture except by accident. Once you learn where the picture is it is easy. Until then it can be hard.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:20 AM
what about if you had the university career reward, you have that, and it is a home business (or on a community lot). Then you take pictures of all of the guests, put them on the wall and try to sell them to whoever the picture was of.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:22 AM
The only problem is that you can't guarentee who actually buys the picture. For personal portraits (or "commissioned" art work), I wouldn't use that method. For other more generic pictures, the regular OFB method will work fine.
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 3:32 AM
I found something that I thought might also be good for a photo studio. I haven't checked to see if it works with all the expansion packs, but it looks like it would be perfect for the studio if anyone else is interested. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49856 It's extracted lights from CAS.

EDIT: They apparently don't work after pets :supersad: