Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 10:41 AM
Default Growing Up with Townies
Has anyone gotten this when growing up their sims? Or is this completely borkened or forgotten? Or is it that I haven't been trying? Or I'm crazy?

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 11:01 AM
I've had this happen, and I've grown up oh, four teens since installing free time. One only had one townie child to ask to grow up, and another had three kids she barely knew. A third was friends with one of them, but didn't know the other two, and the fourth was given four kids to pick from.

I was aging children into teens, since I send all of my teens to college, and can age the townie teenagers that way.

But all in all, the selection process seems a bit random with the townie kids.
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 5:56 PM
I've had the option on the 2 and only sims who have grown up since I installed the game.

They were going from adult to elder, so I didn't actually pick any sims to carry it out but I had looooads of sims I could choose from. Am sure they can't have had a good relationship with all of them!

I don't see why you wouldn't have seen it in your game yet...
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 6:56 PM
I've gotten it with each Sim that's grown up since I installed FT (side note: Meadow Thayer is better left unaged). Apparently they don't actually have to be friends with the Townies to get it. Anyway, problem's in your particular game and not the game in general. Unless the Sims you've had age up just didn't know any Townies?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire
(side note: Meadow Thayer is better left unaged).

Yes, I was sure that she would grow beautful, but instead... ugh. Almost all sims I thought should become attractive, turned out to be very very veird when I aged them.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 7:41 PM
May be I am lucky, by my Meadow always becomes a gorgeous adult. Don't have FT yet, but hope it'll continue....
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 8:22 PM
This has happened to me too. I've not yet had the option to grow up Townies with my Sims age transitions. I think it's probably a conflicting hack, because I have a few. Do you have hacks?
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 8:36 PM
Lol ive grown up 3 teens so far from FT. I made the worst decision of growning up the goth townie teen (hes blonde, black lipstick, and that big black coat) and he looks so ugly! I actually got scared of him and had my sim never to invite him to parties again O_o
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 1:13 AM
I grew up Meadow Thayer two nights ago with Dirk Dreamer. Last night I had them fall in love and get married. She's a pretty darn good looking adult once you give her some eyebrows. Her and Dirk's first child should be born tonight after work.
#10 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 5:13 AM
That's odd. I still haven't had this option yet. I've had a child grow to a teen, and adult to elder. I've seen some people say you have to know the townies, and some say you don't. I usually don't bother my sims talking to the townies until they get to teens, and then it's only to marry them (face template replacements: I haz them). Kinda makes me upset, but then I just age some with InSim, and I'm fine.
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:47 AM
DarkestBlu - I have inSIM too. It could be the hack causing the problem.
#12 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 1:08 PM
i've had to be friends with townies for this to show up when a sim ages.
#13 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 2:12 PM
Prettynights--I'll try taking it out and see if that makes a difference. I don't remember, but I think I tried it before w/o InSim, and still got nothing. Does it work for you?
#14 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 5:10 PM
i have inseminator and it works for me.
#15 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 3:02 AM
See, I wasn't sure it was InSim, because I've seen people say that. And yes, I am completely aware that it's not updated for FT. I've played the game without hacks, and decided that I wanted it back. Most of the time, I don't even think about that feature. I'll just invite the sim over and grow them up. Which reminds me, I've got to regenerate some townies...
Inventor
#16 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 11:58 AM
I have put InSim -OBJ edition- back into my game too (if I have to reinstall later, so be it...I can't live without it) and have no problems with the grow up townie feature.

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
#17 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 12:17 PM
I had that option once, I think, and never again after that. And my child Sim was BFF with a townie and still didn't have the option. I don't have inSim either, and only a few hacks which are all updated for FT so I don't quite understand it.
#18 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 1:33 PM
Dang. I guess that means its borked. I don't want to get the patch just to fix this feature. Or maybe I won't bother. Maybe I'll just keep using InSim to age townies, some of which actually look decent.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 6:19 PM
Same - I can't live without InSIM, it's like an essential part of my game. Plus it seems that it isn't causing the problem anyway. I'll keep playing and see if I get the option to grow up a townie. One of my teen sims was in love with a townie and he didn't get the option to grow her up when he moved to uni, so I had to do it manually myself. Kind of annoying 'cos I was looking forward to this grow-up-townie feature, but never mind!
#20 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 7:48 PM
Oddly enough, I just got the option twice while I was playing earlier. Once when my child grew to a teen and again when her father became an elder. Of course this only worked because the game knew I was mad at it
transmogrified
retired moderator
#21 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettynights
One of my teen sims was in love with a townie and he didn't get the option to grow her up when he moved to uni, so I had to do it manually myself. Kind of annoying 'cos I was looking forward to this grow-up-townie feature, but never mind!

The FT feature to age up townies seems to work only for birthdays, not for transitioning to Uni. I'm a little disappointed about that, since most of my Sims go through Uni. I can always age townie teens by dumping them in an unplayed townie dorm, but I was hoping to get the option to age them straight to adulthood.
#22 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 12:38 PM
i only send my sims to university if they haven't found a three bolt match as a teen. if they do find a three bolt match as a teen and they go steady, then i just let them become adults and marry.
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:03 PM
If you grow up townie children and teens, does the game generate new ones for your kids to bring home from school next time? Cause my teens tend to bring home the same 5 all the time.