Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:26 PM
Default Question about installing...
So I just got FT today for my birthday (which was actually yesterday). Now... if I install it, will it delete all my families and CC? I know in the past it's done that either when I installed or UNinstalled... don't remember. I really don't wanna lose the families I have going right now, if you've seen the picture threads, then you might now about my obsession... Presley.

Anyways, if anyone could just tell me what the deal is or whatever, that'd be great. :D
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:29 PM
Installing an EP shouldn't delete your stuff, but just in case, you should back up your Docs>EA>TS2 folder before you install.

Scholar
#3 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:29 PM
I haven't experienced any family or CC disappearance with the Free Time installation. But... to be sure you can save (on the desk or a cd or a dvd...) the My Documents / EA Games / The Sims 2 folder.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:31 PM
Where should I save them too? Like on a new folder on the desktop? I know some things about computers, but honestly, I'm kind of retarded when it comes to that stuff sometimes...
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:33 PM
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:34 PM
Ah, thank you bP!
#7 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:38 PM
Happy Birthday afinefrenzy!... if it's no too late! :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:40 PM
Haha, thanks :D
Scholar
#9 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:51 PM
Happy Birthday, btw!

Also, at first it might seem like your CC has gone, because the CC dialogue will come up when you first load and you'll have to enable it. Your CC will only work when you restart the game. (This happened to me, I was like WTF where's my CC???? )

Also, post some pictures of Lucas doing basketball or something. :P
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:56 PM
Yeah, I know. That happened to me before and I was like WTF *cries*

And yeah, I'll be taking pictures of Lucas playing basketball and doing other manly-man things... believe me. I'll probably enjoy it more than everyone else.
#11 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferret II
Also, at first it might seem like your CC has gone, because the CC dialogue will come up when you first load and you'll have to enable it.

Wait - that's supposed to only come up the first time you load??? It's always come up every single time for me.
Theorist
#12 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 11:53 AM
You can disable the CC dialogue in the settings.