Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:07 AM
Default Custom outfits when sewing...
My sim got a silver badge in sewing and I chose to make an everyday outfit, this is when I saw custom outfits that I never downloaded or anything. Are these outfits exclusive to the sewing machine or something?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:50 AM
show pictures
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 4:15 AM
All my downloaded custom clothing is available with the silver badge (with the *). They added a lot of new clothes with freetime (they have the freetime symbol on them). Is that maybe what you are seeing?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 4:15 AM
I actually think they are.....I beleive I saw them as unlocked and available for download at mst2 though.....I'm not positive though
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolh5000
The clothes that look like they are custom clothes but you don't remember actually downloading are the ones that won the design competition that EA held a while ago. The sewing machine is the only way you can access them (i'm sure you can get them through boolprop etc but they're not available in CAS)

I actually do remember getting them in CAS but I had to use boolProp to get it. The clothes themselves are cool, but I think they only pop up under "Everyday" clothing and I really want it under "Formal" ...
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 5:35 PM
Aha! That makes a lot of sense.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#7 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 7:15 PM
They can make clothes????????????????? *dies*
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:17 PM
When they get the gold badge, they can create actual custom outfits; you can pick the fabric colors.

I wasn't really impressed with that feature, though. The outfits look like wierd pj's. Except for the adult female, I liked that outfit. (Course, I haven't looked at all the custom outfit choices...just the adult female, female toddler, female child and female teen.)

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 2:03 PM
Ah I wondered where those random clothes came from, thanks!

I think they could have done a bit better with the patterns of the custom outfits - I like the adult female but the others feel a bit shabby. Maybe different muted colours would have been better.

The toddler custom outfits I use as PJs, which is a nice change from all of them being dressed as bears.
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 12:54 AM
Yeah, the actual Custom Outfits are HIDEOUS. I wish that feature could be added to...
#11 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:02 AM
They may be hideous.... but it is a pretty cool feature, I have to admit.
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwoods977
They may be hideous.... but it is a pretty cool feature, I have to admit.

The only thing I like about it, is that you can sell them for SO much more then you payed to make them. They cost like $80.00 to make, but fetch about $750.00 when you sell them. Easy money, quickly.
#13 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:10 AM
Can you post a picture?
#14 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jamesyflukes
The only thing I like about it, is that you can sell them for SO much more then you payed to make them. They cost like $80.00 to make, but fetch about $750.00 when you sell them. Easy money, quickly.

Yeah that is the best part!
Theorist
#15 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moldova49
Can you post a picture?

Picture of the clothes you mean? If so, I have screenshots of all of them here.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 12:20 PM
They don't look that bad...Some of the recolors though look tacky.