Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 1:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sorting through CC - is there an easier way?
Hello,

So I have a huge amount of CC, probably like most of this forum, and I like to keep everything organised and obviously, to keep a smoother running game, only keep what I know I use. I've sorted through most of my CC, except when it comes to certain things in build mode such as wallpapers and floors, I don't know what I need to keep in terms of what's being currently used in my downloaded lots. I only have less than a handful of such lots in my hood, most I install then remove again, so I know that most of these things can go. Trouble is, I don't know what can and can't stay. Is there a program that essentially tells you what wallpapers, floors, etc are in use and what isn't? If not, what's the best way to go about this? I have so many custom walls and floors, most of which came with packaged lots, so I don't recognize most of them as being things I downloaded specifically.

Cheers for any help.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:34 AM
I have had this problem and have tried to eliminate it by trying this, it does work if you are brave enough to remove what you KNOW you (I) won't use.
When I download a house I extract it using Clean Installer to a clean folder with the house name. I then go through and sort the files into folders such as, buy/living/outside etc. Having taken far too many pics (and if I can't I won't download) I then attempt to sort what I can't live without/have already got/don't need. Can't live without gets compressed put in a folder with the site/house name and if necessary sort mode (build/living and so on) only then does it go in the game.

There are some files I have discovered I can't live without. Plants, all are in a folder named 'Plants-all of them' and sub folders telling me where they came from. I'm considering doing this with other things as I have the same problem as you. All my wall & floors are named, if they come as numbers they don't get access until I have run them through Clean Installer or SimPE to see what they are and given a name I will recognize them by. Its very boring but it does help save time and effort in the long run when you need to clean house.

The real pain in the butt is trying to find things in game that only refer to the cres when hovered over in the catalogue because they have no other description. I'm still working on this, its re colours that craze me. If I find a solution I will post it no worries.

There is no Planet B