Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:25 AM
Default Blue screen of death...
so twice now i got the blue screen of death while trying to build the bunkers. I dont know if it was my computer or the game. but it told me my driver failed then it fixed itself and then i get the blue screen of death. anyone else?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:30 AM
I got it, not while building bunkers, but it just comes up every now and then. I think it's an issue with the video/graphics card driver. I'm hoping my driver will update soon to see.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:31 AM
It happens to me only when I select "Save and Quit."

It seems to be different for everyone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:31 AM
evil...
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:44 AM
While I'm not sure what that is, I do know that every time my kingdom walls (The Walls around the entire Kingdom) go up I seem to have a similar problem, and they seem to go up when I place the blacksmith shop. Does anyone know if there is a way around the kingdom walls?
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:27 AM
It happens randomly for me. I had gotten it twice, my friend had gotten it once. At one point the driver repaired itself though.....
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:37 AM
Hasn't happened me yet, been playing for about 10 hours straight yesterday and it's closing up to 7 today. I've only had my regular computer problems (overheating, but that's what you get for playing on a server computer rather than a proper PC).
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 12:26 AM
From everything that I've read (somewhere on this site) blue screen of death comes up for a few reasons.

1. Because you need to update your video card drivers.
2. If you have reflections enabled on mirrors.
3. When the security of your Kingdom reaches level 7. (This is when the walls surrounding the Kingdom appear.)

At first, I thought that it was because of the walls and perhaps I should try to build things that are closest to them first. It only half worked. I say it half worked because the buildings that are closest to the wall have little to do with raising the security level.
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 3:39 AM Last edited by hemmit395 : 11th Apr 2011 at 2:30 AM.
the only time i get a blue screen is when i try to use the mirror in the first quest and shuts down the computer. I'm running INTEL i3 is there any bets drivers out there
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:55 AM
Never had the issue myself but according to EA, it's due to some chipsets so they're working with Nivida to address the problem. Hopefully, they come out with a patch soon.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 2:08 PM
For anyone curious, you could try NVIDIA's new driver. It's beta, but it helped. I got a frame gain for most of my games. And I haven't had this issue once yet so... meh.

We are earth's future. We have the power to change. Let's change for the better shall we?
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 2:16 PM
im still trying to figure out what these bunkers are that he was building to cause the game to crash
Forum Resident
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:46 AM
Weird. Sounds like your computer, and the game. Though more likely your computer. Nothing really initiates the blue screen, it kinda pops up on it's own when it for some strange reason thinks it's necessary. The blue screen doesn't really do anything, but you can still stop it by restarting. Which I'm sure you know.

How many times have you tried? Does the driver prompt pop up every time you tried, or did it actually fix itself but still blue screen? Also, do you have Vista?

Neither me or my husband have had blue screen troubles with Medieval, or the Sims 3. Though I did have a couple blue screens with the Sims 2. Which is totally weird.

Then again, I also have an ATI. I stopped using Nvidia cards because they were causing nothing but problems, and at some point they didn't quite compete with the quality of ATI PCI HD cards. I still occasionally get blue screens, but never when I'm playing something. Which is good.