Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Metamorp : 2nd Oct 2015 at 8:31 PM.
Default What did you do with the Bitville Sims?
Woohoo!

The Hood Building Group is at it again, and have just recently released Bitville, the neighborhood from Sims Life Stories! Now, I've never had the privledge to play Life Stories, so with this release, I feel as if it's an entirely new game! I was totally blown away by their Four Corners rendition, so I couldn't wait to get started.

Since there are countless other threads discussing the comings and goings of what you did in premade/custom neighbourhoods, I figured, not why another! So what did you do with the Bitville sims?

Check out my building creations!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 8:31 PM
I might as well start off this post! As mentioned above, I've never played Life Stories before, so each and every Sim is like an entirely new experience for me. After exploring around the hood, and tweaking a few community lots, the neat-looking house of Don Calamari caught my eye! I figured I'd start off my play with him for now, and see where I can take him.

At first sight, Don's house has quite the interesting layout. Seeing as he is a professional Chef, and even owns the restaurant next door, I thought a little remodel will do him well. (do forgive the crappy in-game pictures, I couldn't be bothered to exit out and go into windowed mode)

Also, seeing as it's incredibly difficult to run a restaurant in Open for Business, I felt like Don would need a great place to relax when not tending over a hot stove. I made up a little home theater type deal for him to enjoy as well!

However, right now, Don is chilling out with the welcome wagon Sims who arrived to greet him. So far, he's been introduced to Johnathan Cullen, Naomi Hunt and Alexa Starr. Methinks he might try going after Alexa, but I'm undecided yet.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 8:51 PM
Wow! Don's kitchen looks awesome! I like the way you have made-over the kitchen.

Thanks for downloading! I always like to see these types of threads, so thanks for starting this thread as well!

I'm glad you like it!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 9:01 PM
@Jawusa So far, I've loved each of your neighbourhoods! I'm a huge fan of prepopulated ones, since I'd rather be playing than setting up families.

Another update on Don.. He tried to ask Alexa out for a date, to which she accepted. However, I always get nabbed by their damn impatience!

Each time I ask a Sim out, they tell me not to be late. So I wait outside for the taxi to come. I see it pulling up, so I ready Don to hop in. Instead, he checks his bills, to which five seconds later Alexa thinks he stood him up! So much for that!

Trainee Moderator
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 9:16 PM
Try inviting Alexa over to his house first and then go to a community lot. But I assume she will reject Don as she's probably furious at him. Lol.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Try inviting Alexa over to his house first and then go to a community lot. But I assume she will reject Don as she's probably furious at him. Lol.

I'll try that! Too bad Alexa keeps stealing his papers.. I've been focusing more on Naomi for now.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:37 PM Last edited by marka93 : 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:58 PM.
Warning this is the spoiler of how they all hooked up with during the LS game story.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Warning this is the spoiler of how they all hooked up with during the LS game story.

Poor Don Calamari.. Who wouldn't want to date a man with such a great and delicious last name?

Trainee Moderator
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 10:38 AM
@Metamorp

You don't have to follow EA's storyline. You can follow your own storyline.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 11:30 AM
Oh, dear Hood Building Group, at this stage I have mixed feelings about you! I love every bit of Bitville right now (When am I ever going to get to play my own game again????) Have not started playing, I am still sorting out those 4 cute males with their even cuter alien offsprings (found nannies and all) and you come and throw another hood at me while I still have to find a way for a selection of toddler twins to survive somewhere else.... (It looks great. I am probably going to spend time in Bitville over the weekend)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 12:41 PM
My very first instinct is oh-my-gosh I want to do a genderswap. XD

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Theorist
#12 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Babahara : 4th Oct 2015 at 6:57 AM.
It was a part of my Megahood! I didn't know how to carry across the hood template, though, so I plucked the buildings and sims onto another terrain. Similar enough, though. I wish it was possible to take the terrain from this new download and overwrite mine with it and move the houses around.

Vincent Moore married Naomi Hunt, and to do charity they moved into apocalyptic Strangetown. During Apocalypse topping science was needed, that's why they volunteered. I played them from beginning of adult stage, with no skills again. Naomi became a journalist to top journalism. They had a son and two daughters. However, Naomi was beat up by a local zombie and infected, their son was an alien hybrid and he died from hunger. Vincent raised his two daughters alone. They're still alive in my game, I haven't touched Strangetown since.

Don Calamari renamed his restaurant to "The Garden of the Fleeting Blossom", decorated it Asian-style and started to provide Asian fish dishes. That was more interesting for me, because really, why name something calamari and not provide said calamari? It could as well be changed to something else. His business is the most beautiful and unique in the megahood now. He married twice, first Samantha Hayden snatched him, because he was so rich, but later she left for another guy, a party animal and hairdresser from Arbor Falls (for those who played Arbor Falls: his name is Bernard Stanton). Don married someone I don't remember, to my shame, and now he's raising his son proudly.

Alexa Starr became a witch in my hood. I renamed her to Kirie and created a more interesting story for her: she was a concubine to the emperor in Asian Empire and, being a witch, managed to run away to SimNation. Witches are banned in the megahood, so when she was found out, she moved to Magic Town. She lived with Ethan Stardust (Four Corners) first, but he was a romance sim who was hiding in Magic Town just because he killed his ex-wife and was in debt, so he was a bad candidate for a husband. Anyway, when they had a child he didn't want to help, hated everything and decided to turn himself in to the police and spend the rest of his days in jail. All to escape his family. Maybe he regrets it now? Who knows.

Sasha Aires married Jonathan Cullen, they have a nice house and a smart daughter. After his business was ruined, Cullen started managing other people's businesses in a custom career. I wonder who trusted him with their businesses after he ruined his? But oh well.

Greg Chomsky was a pizza deliverer, this way he could eat and work. Perfect. His attempts to hit on Alexa Starr (Kirie in my game) didn't work out well. First, he married Jane Charming, a descendant of Claire Charming and Elden Hick from SimCity. Later he married Gilbert Thedas, a party animal sim from Mesa Flats with acid-green hair, divorced and moved there to live with her.

Sherman Boggle married a townie called Trista Phelps who worked as a police chef. He himself worked in science, of course. Not much to say there. His son Fred looked a lot like him, autonomously wore a swimming suit during childhood and kept wanting to swim, despite no swimming pool at their lot. He must be a bit strange.

Kendra Blaise became a firefighter. But actually, she is a pyromaniac serial killer, being a firefighter is just a comfortable cover. She killed a few sims in the megahood with fire. She married Matthew Hart and they have a romance-inclined son Eth who looks like him.

Maximillion Oglerhorpe married Monica Bratford. They met and liked each other back when she was in the uni. He decided to give up his career and become an ISBI sim (not controlled, like in an ISBI challenge), in an attempt to prove that sims have free will and in opposition to the Demiurge (me, lol, some sims oppose my rule!). Subsequently he went insane, started howling at the moon (which was achieved by making him a werewolf). Monica is a politician and created a free will party, but so far not many sims were impressed with Maximillion's behavior to follow suit. They moved out of their mansion and into the woods. Their lot is decorated a la Halloween, they have a red cat named Chesire with wings, a bubble blower, and a daughter who wants to be just like her father.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 1:30 AM
I don't know why, but I'm starting to picture Vincent Moore as the type of guy who prefers to keep himself out of the public's eye. I like to think of him as the guy who just wants to live a normal life, and avoid the fanfare surrounding his wealth and successes.

Forum Resident
#14 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 2:55 AM
Well, I just played one 1-week rotation with Vincent, and then a day or two with Samantha. First off, amazing 'hood. Absolutely amazing. I love it.

Anyways, during Vincent's rotation, he hung out with the guys the first night, but then the rest of it was me trying to get him to woohoo with Samantha! They eventually did, but... of course, Sam got pregnant. So she's expecting his child now (just she doesn't know - my Sims' pregnancies are rather long, so the beginning is like "??? Why am I vomiting all the time???!!!").

Sam strikes me as kind of innocent, honestly. Which I know she shouldn't be, considering I did play Life Stories, and she's a total jerk in that game. Perhaps it's the way I dressed her up - I gave her a really innocent haircut, so maybe that's what's making her seem so cute and kiddish. But now she's giving me really mixed vibes after playing her for a few days. Greg came over along with a bunch of other neighbors, and she keeps rolling wants to spend time with him - including romantic ones. Which, I mean, dude... you're pregnant with another guy's kid, and now you want to get with his best friend? Not cool, Sam. Not cool. So now I'm stopping, because I'm conflicted on what to do! She wants to kiss him, but I don't know if I want to let them. Funny thing is, though I plan on Sam hopping from man to man for a while, I noticed that she's attracted to chubby men... Perhaps she'll end up with Greg in the end? *shrug*

Going to let this simmer before proceeding.
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 1:45 PM
I attached Four Corners to Bitville because I've wondered how the casts of the Sims: Life Stories storylines would interact. I need to finish installing all the expansions, too, because it's just begging for the Widespot subhood to be attached as well. Kendra Blaise needs to meet Hamilton. I predict they'd not only get along like a house on fire, they'd set a house on fire too.

I've only played it a little bit so far, and there hasn't been a whole lot of Bitville/Four Corners interaction yet... except for the atomization of the Stardust marriage. Ethan Stardust may have those wholesome, Face One-derived good looks... but Sherman Boggle apparently has the Kavorka. Sherman and Mission met at a community lot and heartfarted to the point of ridiculousness at each other. They're currently expecting what promises to be one heck of a weird-looking baby. (And they're not the only ones expecting: the Fortunas, Rhomes, and Sinclairs are also adding to the upcoming baby boom. )

Johnny Cullen's had the sparkle repeatedly punched out of him by Samantha Hayden. They met up at a community lot and things unraveled fast. Not only did she polish the floor with his crewcut, she followed him off of the lot! This may be the beginnings of the Bitville equivalent of Strangetown's Crystal and Nervous feud.

Sasha Aires has taken up a life of crime. She figures that she can buy her own damn pony: the only rich guy in town is that Oglethorpe geezer and she's not into antiques. She and Greg Chomsky are sort of circling each other. He doesn't have much in the way of cash, but he's fun. (And he kinda smells like a pony. There's definitely some sort of odor attached to him.)

Vincent wanders confusedly through the town, as does Riley. It's like they're wondering why they're not important. I'm really tempted to try and pair them up.

Kendra Blaise bought herself a pair of slacks with flames on 'em. Oh yeah. They make her feel hot.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
I attached Four Corners to Bitville because I've wondered how the casts of the Sims: Life Stories storylines would interact. I need to finish installing all the expansions, too, because it's just begging for the Widespot subhood to be attached as well. Kendra Blaise needs to meet Hamilton. I predict they'd not only get along like a house on fire, they'd set a house on fire too.

I've only played it a little bit so far, and there hasn't been a whole lot of Bitville/Four Corners interaction yet... except for the atomization of the Stardust marriage. Ethan Stardust may have those wholesome, Face One-derived good looks... but Sherman Boggle apparently has the Kavorka. Sherman and Mission met at a community lot and heartfarted to the point of ridiculousness at each other. They're currently expecting what promises to be one heck of a weird-looking baby. (And they're not the only ones expecting: the Fortunas, Rhomes, and Sinclairs are also adding to the upcoming baby boom. )

Johnny Cullen's had the sparkle repeatedly punched out of him by Samantha Hayden. They met up at a community lot and things unraveled fast. Not only did she polish the floor with his crewcut, she followed him off of the lot! This may be the beginnings of the Bitville equivalent of Strangetown's Crystal and Nervous feud.

Sasha Aires has taken up a life of crime. She figures that she can buy her own damn pony: the only rich guy in town is that Oglethorpe geezer and she's not into antiques. She and Greg Chomsky are sort of circling each other. He doesn't have much in the way of cash, but he's fun. (And he kinda smells like a pony. There's definitely some sort of odor attached to him.)

Vincent wanders confusedly through the town, as does Riley. It's like they're wondering why they're not important. I'm really tempted to try and pair them up.

Kendra Blaise bought herself a pair of slacks with flames on 'em. Oh yeah. They make her feel hot.

That's quite funny! I just finished playing with Sasha Aires, and pictured her as living a life of crime as well! I'm planning for her to cause a town feud, where she'll try to snatch up all of the men (and their funds) at once. So far, she's hit it off well with Samantha Hayden, so perhaps the two will unite forces to run the Sims of Bitville dry of their funds!

Trainee Moderator
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 8:45 PM
Lol! I love the way you played the sims.
I can't wait to read more. :lovestruc

My Simblr