Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 10:16 PM
Default Auto lights not turning off when Sims are sleeping
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the automatic lights function was broken by the last patch?

Before, the game turned off the lights when sims fell asleep, but not anymore. It seems the game simply recognizes a Sim is in the room and leave them all turned on. It's driving me insane since I can't seem to find if it's broken of it it's a mod.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
Hi guys,

Before, the game turned off the lights when sims fell asleep, but not anymore. It seems the game simply recognizes a Sim is in the room and leave them all turned on. It's driving me insane since I can't seem to find if it's broken of it it's a mod.

My interior lights work fine. But anything "exterior" tends to stay on. That includes anything that assumes it is exterior even though it is interior. Sometimes when you build.. and remove floors or ceilings.. or have underground areas with stairs leading outside.. they can think they are exterior areas. Also when you put fencing inside it can be thought of as exterior.. (I use this bug frequently to make indoor fountains.)

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Smeg Head
#3 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
Hi guys,

I was baffled at the randomness of this very thing, too. Sometimes lights go off when sims fall asleep, sometimes they stay on. Got to the bottom of it in the end, though

The damn mood changing system.

The lights stay on if sims go to bed in a certain mood. Mood changing is a bit sloppy in so many ways. If they are walking around carrying something, like collecting dirty dishes, and have a sudden mood change when going from room to room, they just drop the items they were carrying. Because, apparently, they cant carry stuff or switch off lights with sudden mood swings.

Then again, if I suddenly went from being very sad to extremely happy just by walking into another room, I too would be so scared I'd leave the lights on and drop anything I was carrying.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 2:46 PM
I like to use Zerbu's Environment effect overhaul that makes these mood changes based on environment gradual rather than immediate. It works really nicely.

http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/130971...effect-overhaul

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I was baffled at the randomness of this very thing, too. Sometimes lights go off when sims fall asleep, sometimes they stay on. Got to the bottom of it in the end, though

The lights stay on if sims go to bed in a certain mood. Mood changing is a bit sloppy in so many ways. If they are walking around carrying something, like collecting dirty dishes, and have a sudden mood change when going from room to room, they just drop the items they were carrying. Because, apparently, they cant carry stuff or switch off lights with sudden mood swings.

Then again, if I suddenly went from being very sad to extremely happy just by walking into another room, I too would be so scared I'd leave the lights on and drop anything I was carrying.

WHAT?!

The mood system is the reason why auto lights is now broken? It worked perfectly fine before this last patch, I wonder what happened. I'm gonna have to test this out, have you made any notes on what moods are the faulty ones causing lights to be on?
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1

Are you kidding?! I've had Sims go to bed happy and this happens. WTF? Do you have a list of moods you can verify? This really bugs me. Because I never send my Sims to bed angry or depressed. That happens enough in real life. Happy Sims should have nice peaceful rooms with no bright light shining in their face while they try to sleep.

Although I do have to agree with your last statement. I'd probably run if it were me.
Smeg Head
#7 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 7:04 AM
I think Energized is one, if memory serves. They are not even supposed to be able to sleep while Energized, but still they do. I even think it is Maxis intentional with the lights staying on while Energized? I stopped using all those CC objects in rooms that blasts them with vast mood swings, specifically because of the held object dropping. Got so flipping sick of dishes/books being dropped and abandoned because of sudden mood changes. (Hence my "Yoda" Jedi Dish mod came about.)