Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 10:45 PM
Sims Medieval Launcher has stopped working...
I just got the game for my birthday, and like anyone, couldn't wait to get it on my computer. I patiently waited for the game to install. When I went to play it, a little window popped up saying that the launcher has stopped working.
If anyone can help me solve this, I will be forever grateful.
Advertisement
Firestarter
#2 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 11:06 PM
First, try rebooting your pc because after you install it, it still needs to update some files. Then clear your pc's temp files. If that does not work, make a shortcut to the TSM.exe in your program files and launch it from that. You don't need to use the launcher unless you are updating the game.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 11:41 PM
Thank you so so much. It's working now. ^^
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carrigon
First, try rebooting your pc because after you install it, it still needs to update some files. Then clear your pc's temp files. If that does not work, make a shortcut to the TSM.exe in your program files and launch it from that. You don't need to use the launcher unless you are updating the game.
Temp files... where are they and how do I clear them?
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 6:14 PM
I am the only one to start TSM directly without the Launcher?
Who needs the Launcher anyway, apart from EA itself, to collect data?
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrueMrreset
I am the only one to start TSM directly without the Launcher?
Who needs the Launcher anyway, apart from EA itself, to collect data?

I use the launcher still, because I'm a complete retard, and when I'm testing stuff, the amount of times I'll click the launcher and then remember I was going to take something out or add something etc...plus I sometimes click it out of habit when it wasn't what I wanted to start up. I find it easier to close the launcher than the game.
I by-pass the launcher on other sim games though.
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 7:59 AM
Has anyone else noticed the TSM launcher? I know a lot of people by-pass it.
The picture on the welcome screen disappeared nearly a week ago. It's just a pure white background now
I hope it's temporary, or accidental.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 9:37 AM
The official website is still there, so proberly a temporary thing, just a another thing EA manage to break when "fixing" things.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Scholar
#9 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Belzader
The official website is still there, so proberly a temporary thing, just a another thing EA manage to break when "fixing" things.

I hope so. Seemed a little sad after being abandoned :P

I like your sig btw, I liked my space pony title too. It only seemed to be a couple of days I had it for.
Scholar
#10 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Belzader

Yay, you were right
My launcher pic is back today.
I was so strangely happy to see it, that I think it might be time to start worrying about myself
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:46 PM
I got the game today, installed it but... I cannot open it! It said the install is done, but no window of TSM!! What should I do?? I have a disk and WIN7
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:47 PM
Oh, and when I click on the The sims Launcher it said "document not found".