Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 4:41 PM
Default Patch issues: SIms3_4.3.4.008001
I'm playing Sims 3 Ambitions and haven't had any problems I haven't been able to fix myself using this site yet but today when I turned my game on I was prompted to install the above referenced update 'SIms3_4.3.4.008001_from_4.2.32.007001.exe'. This update has a checkbox next to it. Also in the launcher it says Game Update for: 1. 15/2. 10/3.6/4.3 09/05/10 and goes on to describe the updates features which makes the Sims able to.. establish a relationship with their cars and also the Vehicle Enthusiast trait and so on. I automatically installed this update because I have automatic updates turned on and the update starts and goes through everything but at the end I get an 'Invalid File Error'. I have found the MTS help page on the topic, have followed the instructions, re-booted several times and the update still won't work. It almost completes and at the end I get the same file error. I have installed the Patchlog Viewer and the same thing keeps coming up in red even though I've fixed it as instructed. I also read that I can un-install and re-install everything but I really, really, really don't want to have to do that. I could continue to just play without the update but I figure I will probably need this update to get the next update? If someone could please help or give me advice on how to fix this problem without un-installing, I would be much obliged.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 10:12 PM
Its just an idea,but it helped me several times with Sims 3 (base game + eps + sps + patches).Maybe you could try this: Download the patch and save it to your desktop.Then disconnect your computer from the internet and disable your antivirus program.Finally installing the patch....

Good luck !
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 3:42 AM
Which file is the update complaining about? Is it the same file each time?
What have you done to correct the error? Which patch are you applying when the error occurs?
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 1:00 AM
I was given the following link for auto patching. It helped me considerably.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page