Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 8:54 PM
Default District 9
I thought this film was amazing.
And I particularly appreciated the way in which it wasn't like all the other sci-fi films; one guy stands up to defend humanity against all the crazy aliens. And I loved the way it turned the tables and explored the other side of it, and I think it's particularly provocative in the way that all the things (as in, human behaviours) that happened in the film are believable because they're clear examples of things that have happened in the past.

What did you guys think about it?

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 3:48 AM
That moive was amazing! I remember seeing a commercial about it late one night and thought "hey this looks pretty interesting". So, within August I went to the theaters and saw District 9. The Plot/story was great, the aliens were unqiue and even more! I can't wait til it comes out on DVD!! :D

The Moon and the Stars
In the sky the Nightly Rainbow
In the darkness they light my way
They light...
The Moon and the Stars
In the sky the Nightly Rainbow
In the darkness they light my way
They light my fate...

~Seventh Seal
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 9:58 AM
I loved it so much I watched it twice :D
I cannot believe it was based on actual events, what a wonderful movie.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 9:27 PM
At first, I wasn't really sure what I thought, because it was very different that movies I've seen. But, it really got me thinking a lot about it, and if it does that, it has to be pretty good

.~: Rachel :~.
- RENT, Harry Potter, Wicked, Ninja-ness -
Alchemist
#5 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 9:32 PM
I loved it! I'm a massive Sci-Fi fan and this was one of the best movies I've ever seen. I especially liked the start, with the documentry style and when they try to evict that alien, it swipes the clipboard and swears at them
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 3:01 AM
Loved the movie, the plot, amazing amazing perfomance by Sharlto Copley.

I HOPE THEY MAKE PART2!