Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:36 AM
Default Little Corsican Bistro
So I've been playing Buster Round in Bridgeport. He has had an opportunity asking him to eat at the local restaurant, try their food, then talk about it, which he did. After that opportunity was completed, he later got a similar one. This opportunity asks him to eat at the Little Corsican Bistro. This restaurant is in Sunset Valley. He lives in Brideport. How exactly is he supposed to do this?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:40 AM
Definitely sounds like a poorly planned opportunity..

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:44 AM
he cant. (as far as i know) i had the same oppertunity, and it confused me too, until i started reading many of people posts complaining about this...bug.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:48 AM
Yeah, it's a bug that everybody has... if you see an opportunity that references a rabbit hole that isn't in bridgeport, decline it. If you already took it, drop it. (BTW, it seems a lot of folks don't seem to know that you can drop opportunities by right-clicking em.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:10 AM
It's a glitch whereby your sims get opportunites for buildings which don't exist in the current world. Quite a few people have had it, it was mentioned in another thread (can't remember which one though).
Instructor
#6 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:25 AM
Yes, from what I've read, this is an "across the board" bug. Although, you DO get opportunities to do the same task with the RIGHT bistro targeted. Watch for the Book Signing Opportunity as well. Unless it says Wikki's Books, you can't do it. I've had to delete both of my new EP games due to glitchiness. My first game, the sim I was playing fell in love with Barry Tenderlove. His energy bar was glitched and he never got tired. Not a bad thing, really. But after they had their first child, more glitchiness began and the game became unplayable. I really miss the days when glitchiness wasn't the norm with Sims games (back in the Sims 1 days).

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:28 AM
That's really bad - How do these opportunities affect other worlds, custom worlds..? It's gotta be annoying.

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:29 AM
I think it's just if you have another saved world that it pops up with opportunities over there. >_>
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
My first game, the sim I was playing fell in love with Barry Tenderlove. His energy bar was glitched and he never got tired. Not a bad thing, really. But after they had their first child, more glitchiness began and the game became unplayable.

I had this same glitch with a townie named Kai (forget his original last name). His energy bar never moved, nor did his hygiene. He became a vampire in my game so it makes it easier to ignore it since I can easily just pretend vamps don't need sleep This is got me a bit worried now though as he and his wife will soon have their first child...hopefully the game won't get glitchier! Ugh.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
...This opportunity asks him to eat at the Little Corsican Bistro. This restaurant is in Sunset Valley. He lives in Brideport. How exactly is he supposed to do this?

Perchance they made the opps this way on purpose, as a new gameplay strategy puzzle feature: In this instance you're supposed to figure out that you need to go to Edit Town, find a space that may be empty in Bridgeport AND be accessable terrain, use the World Editor lot thingy, searching through the different lot sizes which may fit the Corsican, get the lot placed, and hopefully you have that Restaurant saved in the Library from your Sunset Valley game.
If it isn't in the Library, maybe what you're then supposed to do to finish the opp is save your game as far as you've gotten so far, start up your SV game, Edit Town, jada jada, save the Corsican to the Library, start up your Bridgeport game, place the Corsi on the lot and Voilá! your sim can do the opportunity; You've Won, you've beaten the game!

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Perchance they made the opps this way on purpose, as a new gameplay strategy puzzle feature: In this instance you're supposed to figure out that you need to go to Edit Town, find a space that may be empty in Bridgeport AND be accessable terrain, use the World Editor lot thingy, searching through the different lot sizes which may fit the Corsican, get the lot placed, and hopefully you have that Restaurant saved in the Library from your Sunset Valley game.
If it isn't in the Library, maybe what you're then supposed to do to finish the opp is save your game as far as you've gotten so far, start up your SV game, Edit Town, jada jada, save the Corsican to the Library, start up your Bridgeport game, place the Corsi on the lot and Voilá! your sim can do the opportunity; You've Won, you've beaten the game!

I ended up doing this. Had the opp come up for the Bistro, found it wasn't there and spent the next hour trying to find somewhere to place the lot, harder than it seems actually. Save the lot, went into the game and had to cancel the opp as my game crashed last time I tried this. The opp can up again fairly soon and I was able to compete it.

However, I had another opp which required the Bistro and for some reason, I wasn't able to fullfill it. Clicking on the bistro didn't even have that orangeish option. I ended up having to cancell that opp as for 2 days it wouldn't work.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 6:52 AM
I've had that same energy glitch with a townie that my sim fell in love with and married and so forth. Pretty annoying.

And the incompleteable opportunities? So far had them in: The business tower, Cosican Bistro, City Hall, Police station and the bookstore. Might be more I really can't remember. I read somewhere else that a good way to see if the opportunity is completeable or not is to pay attention to the "See Location" button. If it's not there, don't even bother.

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:31 PM
Well, here's another interesting related thing. Ever since I did complete the correct restaurant opportunity at (?) Sam's Complex Restaurant (?whatever it is called in Bridgeport), he can no longer eat there. The option for eat alone, or with others, are both faded out and unclickable.