Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 5:49 PM
Peteran Priest Achievement "Lessons of the Watcher"
You are suppose to do 20 sermons in one Kingdom. I just can't seem to get this achievement. I must have done 50 sermons by now. Am I missing something?

Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's found a home with all the friends I've made. And if they think of me now and then...if they don't forget me...our hearts will be one. My friends are my power!
-Sora in "KINGDOM HEARTS"
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 8:56 AM
I just remember when I got the achievement, my Peteran Priest worked as hard as 10 dogs, it was so hard, it literally felt like I was my Peteran Priest. At the end of the kingdom, I was panting!
If you are certain you have accomplished the sermons as you think, it is possibly a glitch or bug in the game, as many of us have experienced not receiving credit for achievements we have made, or else they register of the accomplishment may show itself later. I've waited up to a week before the game awarded me with the recognition of an achievement completed. A week!
I made my Peteran Priest hold a sermon at every hour on the clock that the game allowed each time I played his quests in a kingdom, and it was so bloody hard because besides those sermons, he had his respos, and tasks to perform, buffs to keep up in the high green level, and this was back well before I had used any mods in my game. No magician or wizard to cast the spell of Beacon of Hope on him either. It was murder I tell you! But he did it, and so can you. Try to make his/her quests last as long as possible, maybe 2 or 3 sim days, and make a sermon on every available hour, have him drink the good energy potions from Effenmont to keep him awake constantly. I believe the hours the Priest can give sermons are 8am, 1pm, 6pm, and 11pm. After every sermon he/she has given right away change the sermon time to the next available time slot. Do this as many times as possible in one of his quests, then do not wait overlong to have your Priest do another quest. You may want to chain quests in which he or she is the main hero, so that the game has little chance to "forget" the number of sermons given by the Priest.
I sometimes feel Maxis, the developer's did not install a very good memory chip for this game. LOL I am so serious! That is how I got my achievement.

Good Luck, Simmer!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 3:19 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. You really don't have time to do all his daily chores, the quest AND the sermons. This was my last quest in the Kingdom so I had to finish it or start over in a new kingdom. I was forced to hold out the last part of the quest for a ingame week doing everything I could to hold the focus so that the meter wouldn't fall below Platinum. Lucky for me it was a 2-Hero quest so the other Hero had to do most of the focusing. And then finally I got the achievement. I guess it was like you said, it took some time before I got it.

Anyway, thanks for the respond! I'm going to remember what you said for the future achievement hunting!

Edit: Wonder why my new avatar doesn't show up. It said I had to wait minutes, not days...

Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's found a home with all the friends I've made. And if they think of me now and then...if they don't forget me...our hearts will be one. My friends are my power!
-Sora in "KINGDOM HEARTS"
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 7:29 PM
I am so glad for you, Crusader. As I read your answer and recalled my reply to you, I thought of another tip you might find useful in one or more of your quests and Ambitions. When you said in order to keep up the focus, your other Sim had to do most of the work...and then I recalled the extra tip. This is an example of what you might choose to do when so much support is needed from one Sim hero to another when they are partners on the same quest...

Recall that some Sim heroes have the same abilities, the first to come to mind is the Politics ability (mind you, I am referring to the default game settings and not a modded game set-up, as usually when gamers are struggling to get their achievements, they are doing so in UN-modded, or game default settings. Modded games are all different, too, due that the Player chooses whatever mods to use, where others may have chosen a different assortment).

The first duo Sim Heroes that come to mind that share a same ability is the Monarch and the Spy, or else the Monarch, and the Jacoban Priest, that being the ability of Politics. I have not experienced the game ever requiring the Jacoban Priest to pass an edict as a responsibility during his quest time, but I get that respo quite often with my spy. Usually by the time the spy enters into the kingdom, for me, it is quite late in the game. He is one of the last Sim heroes I create, usually, and by then, my monarch is well beyond level 10. He is like level 10, plus 25 or more bonus levels, so really level 35 or higher. Every skill he has is performed faster each level, and he then becomes Trainer to the Sim heroes who came later into the game, as my Monarch feels it a duty to see to the care of those he loves. I make sure to have all my Hero Sims at the best of relationships. The closer they are, the better they work together, and the more efficiently.

As you might know, when voting on edicts, a Hero Sim who is a level 10 or higher has 2 votes. His/her one vote on an edict counts as two. Likely you noticed when the results show, your monarch or other voting sim if they are a level 10 shows their image twice. So when my spy gets the respo to pass an edict, the odds are if he tries, even if he is loaded with money that he might try and convince a territory leader to change their first choice in edicts to come to your proposal instead, he will still have a hard time if like my spy when he arrives in the kingdom, most of the territories have already been acquired, and it becomes difficult for a single voting hero sim to get enough votes to pass his proposed edict, as so many leaders seem to vote the other ways from your proposals. So, when my monarch, and my spy are on the same quest, I have my monarch do the pass an edict, while the spy goes off to patrol, or else write secret documents, since that is the largest xp for him outside of being trained while he practices on the dummy. A practicing Sim gets 20 xp every few seconds instead of 11 xp when he is being trained by another sword wielding sim, so when he needs xp, he never practices without a trainer, and my monarch is already so high in level, he has no troubles doing the training, and the meager 6 xp he receives every few seconds actually benefit him.
Yes, the spy gets credit for the passing of the edict, even though it was the monarch who did the work. It matters to the game only that the respo was accomplished. This sharing of respos is very helpful in time saving, and efficiency, so I try and double up hero sims that have similar or same abilities when doing quests that require two sims as much as I can.

Hope you stay loving this game, Crusader. I think I'll be taking this game to the grave with me I love it so much!

TC, Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crusader
Edit: Wonder why my new avatar doesn't show up. It said I had to wait minutes, not days...

You mean your new avatar for MTS? I suggest you re-try applying it. The same thing happened to me when I changed my avatar some time ago, but eventually it showed up. Good Luck.

Xeny

Quote: