Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:51 AM
Default Sims 4
Is this game underway or something? Word on the street is that there might be. Anyone have any more info?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:55 AM Last edited by potatoehead : 27th Oct 2010 at 11:50 PM.
EA's just a third of the way through TS3. Why would they be thinking about making TS4 now?

EDIT: Hmm... I stand corrected.

My opinions may be uninformed BS, but at least I've thought about my uninformed BS.
Banned
#3 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 3:07 AM
Another thread?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:47 AM
Unfortunately, my crystal ball is broken. Come back later?

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:32 PM
I don't think there would even be thought of a new Sims base game until there is a "next-gen" of PC's.
Until then though I suspect there will be quite a few updates and adittions to The Sims 3 base game.
Instructor
#6 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:42 PM
Even if it's already underway, game developing is a painstaking process, especially for those of massive scales like The Sims, and it won't materialize until after another 10 Sims 3 EPs are released. So just be contented with enjoying TS3 and forget about TS4 for now.
Theorist
#7 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DAWUSS
Is this game underway or something? Word on the street is that there might be. Anyone have any more info?

Since EA isn't going to stop making Sims games until every last cent is milked from the series, of course, I agree they're already planning Sims 4. I wouldn't even be surprised to learn they already have a bare bones team working on it. The rumors seem to be focused around EA adding "social elements" to the game which is a big, fat, Do Not Want for me but that's another thread.

I dug up my post from last month to find a few links but I haven't searched or heard about anything recently. Here's some older links:

"It appears they are tossing around the idea to include online aspects much like The Sims Online had."

http://www.simprograms.com/14676/ru...s-going-online/

"It's not clear what Electronic Arts might be planning for The Sims 4 but a lot of rumors have been swirling around that the developers might be interested in adding more social elements to the life simulation series."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elec...in-154483.shtml
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:44 PM
If there is going to be a Sims4, then the design team have already started work on it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:48 PM
Are you referring to my Teen Club thread? Cos they are working on it and it will take a while. My friend of a friend of a person who works on the sims team said that ideas were being thrown around. TS3 was in the works when TS2 came out, after all . . .

Thread here.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=413359

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:25 PM
There was an interview somewhere when the Sims 3 first came out that they were already working on the Sims 4. I'm not sure if they meant just messing around with ideas, but it's definitely on their minds people.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:46 PM
As they began creation of the Sims 3 just a few months after the release of the Sims 2, I wouldn't doubt it.
But I do doubt they would be doing more then conceptualizing at the moment.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:52 PM
Does it really matter? .___. Even if they *are* going to make TS4, we won't see it for ages. I'd much rather concentrate on what else TS3 has to offer tbh
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 11:04 PM
i hates them
Theorist
#14 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Does it really matter? .___. Even if they *are* going to make TS4, we won't see it for ages. I'd much rather concentrate on what else TS3 has to offer tbh
Lucky for you then there's only like what? Two, three threads on the entire site speculating about TS4? I'm sure if you try you can avoid them so you don't get distracted and lose your concentration.

I actually like the speculation just because I don't know that I'll ever return to Sims 3 and give it another chance or not so it's nice to have something to look forward to.
Theorist
#15 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 11:37 PM
People don't realize how long it takes to develop a game (especially one as big as the sims), we won't see the game for another 3-4 years but it is confirmed to be happening, they started TS3 pretty soon after TS2 so I don't know why it would be weird to start Ts4 now...

Hopefully EA will learn from their mistakes!

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
People don't realize how long it takes to develop a game (especially one as big as the sims), we won't see the game for another 3-4 years but it is confirmed to be happening, they started TS3 pretty soon after TS2 so I don't know why it would be weird to start Ts4 now...

Hopefully EA will learn from their mistakes!
I always have this cynical feeling that EA will never learn from their mistakes, since they tend to repeat them. That said, I don't think TS4 (or the TS3 expansions to come) will be utter crap, especially after Late Night. In any case, it's best for EA to concentrate on TS3 for the moment. It's what's currently in front of the public, and it should be as good as it can be before EA turns out any new games. Besides, it's likely that EA developers' idea of TS4 is nothing like what it will actually turn out to be three or four years from now.

My opinions may be uninformed BS, but at least I've thought about my uninformed BS.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 12:18 AM
I would love to have a social interaction type of thing like The Sims Online. I really wish TS3 had it.

But even if they are planning on a Sims 4, it probably won't be for quite a while, since TS3 is still pretty new.
Instructor
#18 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 12:36 AM
^ I agree. I would love a online, social interaction element to the game. It'd make it exciting imo, as I loved TSO. More so than I did the original, non-online version.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CamiiMania
As they began creation of the Sims 3 just a few months after the release of the Sims 2, I wouldn't doubt it.

I know that's true, and yet I can't believe sims 3 was the product of so many years work. Epic fail (IMHO)

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#20 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Lucky for you then there's only like what? Two, three threads on the entire site speculating about TS4? I'm sure if you try you can avoid them so you don't get distracted and lose your concentration.

I actually like the speculation just because I don't know that I'll ever return to Sims 3 and give it another chance or not so it's nice to have something to look forward to.

>__>;;; I don't *mind* them per se, it just seems a bit strange that some people are already focusing on Sims 4 when 3's barely been out five minutes XD. EA I can understand, because they're a money grabbing who- uhhh, I mean a thriving business...*cough*. But I dunno, just for the fans to already be thinking that far ahead seems to be waaayyy premature, considering there's not too much out for TS3 already. Not in comparison to how much ended up for TS2, anyways. I suppose it's an each to their own situation.

As for losing my concentration, something shiny can do that perfectly fine!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 9:08 PM
Is it just me, or do we see a thread JUST like this go up every, what, three, four months? The answer is always the same. Of course they're working on the Sims 4. That doesn't mean anything for the Sims 3, however, because the Sims 3 had gone into development after like, the third expansion for 2. It's right on time. The Sims 3 is going to have a long run, and since there's a completely different team on 4 than 3, it will have no bearing on the game we're playing now.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#22 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:24 AM
There is no Sims 4. Sims 4 is nothing more than lies and propaganda created by losers like YOU! Even the media hasn't bothered to make this crap up yet!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
There is no Sims 4. Sims 4 is nothing more than lies and propaganda created by losers like YOU! Even the media hasn't bothered to make this crap up yet!

arent you a ray of sunshine.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:28 AM
Is anyone else tired of the "LIES AND PROPAGANDA" shtick? He sounds like one of those homeless loonies screaming on the street about the end of the world.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 11:53 AM
who cares, as long as J. M. Pescado keeps up his excellent mod.
Page 1 of 2