Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:17 PM
Default TS3 Install Helper Monkey (Updated 25th June 2009)
Hi

i noticed this mod TS3 Install Helper Monkey today when i was searching for mods to improve Storyline Progression, however iv been having a lot of difficulty getting it to work. I have Late Night currently installed and upto date, but when i download the Installer Helper Monkey it seems to install ok but when i load up the game it gets past the cinematics and hangs (freezes) at the load screen with the circular mouse cursor. Id like some help or advice on how to get this mod going and have my Sims game loading up properly as the instructions on how to install it are pretty vague and confusing as are some of the t
tutorials on Youtube. Usually im pretty good with problem solving but i cant find an answer to my question when i search Google.

My system specs are Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.00 ghz
4 gig ram
Geforce 9600 GT

Cheers Russell
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:35 PM
There's no need to use the Helper Monkey at all - just install manually using the method described in the FAQs:

Help > Sims 3 > Installing Sims 3 Package Files

If it's freezing on the load screen, it's probably an issue with incompatible custom content that doesn't work with your game version. Right now, we're on 1.17.

Help > Sims 3 > Loading Crashes (I know your game isn't crashing, but the steps are the same).

If you continue having problems, please post in the Help Q&A forums. There's a link at the top of each FAQ in the Help section.

Good luck, and happy simming!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Referred to Help.