Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 7th May 2014 at 10:49 AM
I get some of these errors, but the vast majority of them (coming from pre-hood checker games) are the ones of 'corrupted memories' stuff.

I can't be bothered to worry about the invalid relationships thing, because you can't do a darned thing with those errors. You can try to remove them, but it only goes so far. The corrupted memories can be removed (via SimPE) so I worry more about that kind of error than those listed.

I also have clean and empty templates now, but even with those I can still get the 'invalid memories' concerning relationships with oneself.

But I'm a faithful user of the Hood Checker, and if it wasn't for that one program, I'd not have been able to resurrect many hoods that have those kinds of errors. It doesn't seem to really change the way the game plays, either.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th May 2014 at 12:09 PM
Well, after plenty of time for people to pick an answer we have 99.9% of respondents who do get the errors (not counting the ones who didn't use Hoodchecker or didn't care). I suspect that the small number of people who get them without hacks/mods is related to the small number of people who actually play a vanilla game (or have bothered to check while testing without hacks). Clean/Empty Templates also seem to fall victim to them.

It looks as if the errors are Maxis trash that they forgot to put in the bin before releasing the Sims lol. Annoying, but not terminal to your game.

Although I do want to know what the secret is of the one person who said that they didn't get them at all lol.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 10th May 2014 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
The only way to get rid of the Hood Checker messages about the Tricou's is to install a cleaned Downtown.
Are they these memories? :
Sim does not exist: 0x01F6 Jennail Tricou: [Invisible] Received an Inheritance from 0x0017
Sim does not exist: 0x01F9 Kvornan Tricou: [Invisible] Received an Inheritance from 0x0017
Sim does not exist: 0x01FA Nylissit Tricou: [Invisible] Received an Inheritance from 0x0017

I eventually deleted them in SimPE. I can't remember the details of how I did it, as it was about a year ago, but I know I backed up first and deleted them very carefully. It was the first time I used SimPE to actually change something, so I was very very careful!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 10th May 2014 at 7:38 PM
Yes. The Hoodchecker doesn't like the Tricou gossip memories, and always flags them. I never get those messages since I installed Tarlia's cleaned Downtown.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 11th May 2014 at 9:10 AM
Well, at least this convinced me that many of those Hoodchecker errors were NOT due to my screwing something up again. In fact, perhaps I've screwed up much less than I thought. So I heartily thank Charity for starting this thread.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th May 2014 at 9:53 AM
That's pretty much why I started the thread hehe.
Page 2 of 2