Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#201 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 5:25 AM
Yeah, that is pretty much what I had said. They seem to actually have a unique color that non-mixed kids don't have. Because just a regular tanned person who is not mixed still has a different shade.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#202 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 2:55 PM
Blended skintones are already possible in TS2. Default skin S1 and S4 parents can have S1, S2, S3, or S4 children. It's even possible with custom skins - my skintones are set for genetic blends.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 6:04 PM
HP: I think she means that it's not uncommon for a sim kid to be born at one extreme or the other to parents of different skintones, and it should be more likely that they'd be born somewhere in the middle.
Test Subject
#204 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 6:18 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the Sims 3 site? Every time I go there, my internet crashes.
Mad Poster
#205 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Blended skintones are already possible in TS2. Default skin S1 and S4 parents can have S1, S2, S3, or S4 children. It's even possible with custom skins - my skintones are set for genetic blends.

I didn't realize that. Do you mean even in the base game alone? Or was it something they added later in EP's? That is actually cool, I never knew that. And I am glad your skin tones do the same since I do like them very much.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#206 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 8:56 PM
frankie - It's always been that way. It may be a case of Firstborn Syndrome or the use of non-genetic custom skins causing one to not notice it happening very much, but it's always been there. Quite easy to change on custom skins, too... just one little number.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#207 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 9:03 PM
Cool, thanks for that, it's good to know. So then in that case I am sure Sims 3 will have this in the game. I just hope that we get more than four shades this time. The set that was created at MTS2 from a girl who is part of the Strawberry Patch site (I forgot her name) did an excellent job of adding more Maxis shades in between the shades we have in the game, plus a darker one than the Maxis darkest and a lighter one than the Maxis lightest.
#208 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 4:19 PM
things don't look a whole lot different to me in terms of graphics.
Scholar
#209 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 2:25 AM
[offtopic] Frankie, Aqualectrix did a geneticized version of my skintone set here in case you're interested. [/offtopic]

What I'm hoping for in TS3 is an actual skintone slider. That way, no two sims would be exactly the same color (or at least it'd be rare). Think of the variety!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Mad Poster
#210 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 3:20 AM
Thank you, purplepaws, I like these a lot.
Page 9 of 9