Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 1:45 PM
Default Unable to recolor cloned objects
Hi there! I cloned a painting and got a new GUID, then I tried to add it some recolors: I opened the Object Workshop and chose "Open", selected my new painting and chose "Recolor". First thing strange: where the picture of the painting should be in the Price/Description mask there is the default picture for non-game objects (such as interactions and debuggers); then, after being prompted with the "Save as" mask, SimPE opens a window named "Subnet selection", while the Workshop displays an icon and the "Please wait" message: after this, nothing more. The proram creates a 96 Byte file with the new package name but doesn't allow me to recolor the file.
My version of SimPE is 0.60, I've the CEP installed and don't have NVidia utilities. What sould I do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 3:48 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 6:09 PM
How can I control if my painting is? Where should I check?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 7:38 PM
Cicciograna,

The links @ post 533 can lead you some infos that may help you.
If confused, may ask questions in those more relevant threads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 8:23 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't find the "Geometric Data Container" in Resource Graph: is it the "Shape" resource? Because in this resource, while in Plug In view, i noticed an "Items" tab and a "Subset Name" inputbox. And if it is not the "Shape" resource, where is it? All the three tutorials refer to this resource...
Part-time Hermit
#6 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 4:56 AM
Cicciograna, I split these posts from the tutorial thread, because they were getting a bit off topic for that thread . Please, can you attach your object package here to take a look at, it will be easier to help that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 6:39 PM
Here's the zip file with my package. Anyway, thanks for your help (and your patience!).
Attached files:
File Type: zip  mapspaintinglarge.zip (46.7 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Part-time Hermit
#8 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 6:50 PM
When you cloned the object, you must have selected the "reference original mesh" option. Try recloning without that option selected.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 7:33 PM
Yes, it' works! Thanks for your help, Ignorantbliss :-)