Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 11:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims2 Ultimate Collection, slow loading
Why is it all of a sudden, when I launch my game, it takes about 10 mins for it to load and run? What happened to my game? How can I fix it?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 11:59 PM
Too much CC!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 12:39 AM
my game takes 45 mins to load, so consider yourself lucky lol.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 1:11 AM
Do you mean to say it was loading more quickly before and is suddenly slower to load, or do you mean to say that you just installed the UC, have never played it before, and are surprised that it takes a long time to load?

If it's the former...Did you download lots of CC recently? That's usually what slows down loading. If you have broken CC, then it can cause worse problems than that.

But if it's the latter....As I understand it, loading time is mediated by your machine's processor speed and the amount of system RAM you have. The UC is all EPs/SPs, so it's a fairly large chunk of data to load even if you have no CC. If your computer is a slower one, then it can indeed take a long time to load, especially on its first load, when the game has to create all the folders and such. But like wert700 said, 10 minutes is nothing compared to what a lot of CC addicts have to deal with.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.