Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 8:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Pets
Default I can't find a SavedSims folder?
I want to install downloaded Sims into my game, but I can't find my 'SavedSims' Folder. I've been looking on Google for a solution and I can't find one. I've tried going to the Sim creator and saving them into the bin, but it isn't making the folder appear. Will it work if I just make a folder called SavedSims? And how can I access them in-game so I know if it worked or not?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 8:58 AM
i am on windows and my Saved Sims Folder is located at
Documents => Electronic Arts => The Sims 3 => SavedSims so there is no space inbetween if you want to search it directly on your computer. hope you can find it better. this folder should have been generated by EA on first start-up
edit: take care installing downloaded sims and verify the place you got them is reliable please

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
i am on windows and my Saved Sims Folder is located at
Documents => Electronic Arts => The Sims 3 => SavedSims so there is no space inbetween if you want to search it directly on your computer. hope you can find it better. this folder should have been generated by EA on first start-up
edit: take care installing downloaded sims and verify the place you got them is reliable please

For some reason, the folder hasn't been generated. It's not in my Sims folder.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:51 AM
Just make one and put the .sims files in there. That's what I did and it's not a problem. Don't put sims3packs in there. They still go into "Downloads".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Just make one and put the .sims files in there. That's what I did and it's not a problem. Don't put sims3packs in there. They still go into "Downloads".

Where can I access them in-game to make sure they worked?
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:21 AM
They will be in your CAS screen, in the pre-made Sims bin.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW