Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Sims3Launcher.exe is not responding... ughhhh it's getting me crazy
I don't even have a savegame, i don't have CC (yet), i didn't even opened the launcher, EA Won't help me, telling me it's a Microsoft's problem, Microsoft says that everything should work fine after what they told me to do, it didn't helped, so they told me to go talk to EA again, now when i try to talk to EA it's just says
"Thank you for contacting EA
please wait while we connect you to the next available agent.
Your approximate wait time is between 5 - 10 minutes." for like half an hour
i purchased a game and it's not working, i'm not getting help and trying to resolve it myself and it's not working.
maybe you guys can help me, please, begging you.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 2:41 PM
did you try to contact EAs Help Support via the Answer HQ? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...ad/td-p/1732479
there are ways to run the game without the launcher (WINDOWS ONLY) but i completely understand that one wants to solve a problem not try to avoid it.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
did you try to contact EAs Help Support via the Answer HQ? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...ad/td-p/1732479
there are ways to run the game without the launcher (WINDOWS ONLY) but i completely understand that one wants to solve a problem not try to avoid it.

i saw "carls-sims3" but i want to install CC's, there is a Sim witch i created and i have a Sim3pack of it for backup.
The first one (On the EA site), i tried both ways, both didn't worked.
but i do get details about the problem when it's crashed:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem signature 01: sims3launcherw.exe
Problem signature 02: 0.2.0.190
Problem signature 03: 50653b54
Problem signature 04: mscorlib
Problem signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem signature 06: 4ca2b889
Problem signature 07: 1b2b
Problem signature 08: c
Problem signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:35 PM
This thread deals with a similar problem : ellacharmed post#2 has links to installing/uninstalling/reinstalling related Help Threads. also patching your game is absolutely adviceable - she provides you with links for that too. she wrote "Launcher won't run unless you're updated"... (i really hope this is the only reason for your problem)

if thats still no help:
Ea Help only refers to Factory reset method => http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...or/td-p/1116536 for that error code
did you try the troubleshooting steps from that EA link? including to make a backup and so forth

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
This thread deals with a similar problem : ellacharmed post#2 has links to installing/uninstalling/reinstalling related Help Threads. also patching your game is absolutely adviceable - she provides you with links for that too. she wrote "Launcher won't run unless you're updated"... (i really hope this is the only reason for your problem)

if thats still no help:
Ea Help only refers to Factory reset method => http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...or/td-p/1116536 for that error code
did you try the troubleshooting steps from that EA link? including to make a backup and so forth

already looked at this, there is no hope, no metter what i do..
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 4:22 PM
Your new game is likely faulty and you need to get it changed for another copy.I went though a similar issue once with a faulty copy of World Adventures that kept lagging and freezing and it crashed a few times.I also had a copy of Supernatural on a faulty disk and had to uninstall it.I had gotten World Adventures replaced with a new disk and the new one worked though I ended up having to buy the new copy of Supernatural and this one was on a working disk.
You need to get the new expansion uninstalled and get a new copy of it.You can try without the new game and see if it loads and works and get the bad one replaced if it worked without it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Razsofer : 12th Aug 2014 at 4:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
Your new game is likely faulty and you need to get it changed for another copy.I went though a similar issue once with a faulty copy of World Adventures that kept lagging and freezing and it crashed a few times.I also had a copy of Supernatural on a faulty disk and had to uninstall it.I had gotten World Adventures replaced with a new disk and the new one worked though I ended up having to buy the new copy of Supernatural and this one was on a working disk.
You need to get the new expansion uninstalled and get a new copy of it.You can try without the new game and see if it loads and works and get the bad one replaced if it worked without it.

i tried:
1. all this technical things
2. installing only base game
3. installing from Origin
4. installing from a disc
but i can't replace the disc because a bought it in US when i was in vacay, i live i EU and there is no GameStop here.