Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 8:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
nraas mods not showing up in game?
I have been playing the SIms 3 since it came out, and I've used the Nraas mods a few times (I've had to install and uninstall a few times for various reasons). I'm installing them NOW to hopefully fix a problem with my game itself (using the Traveler mod). Normally, my fiance, who is much more tech savvy than I, copies his Mods folder over onto my computer for me, and it works just fine. Well, I'm trying to be a big girl and do it myself.

- I went to the nraas wikipedia page, made sure to thoroughly read the Installation directions, and proceeded to install the mods I wanted/needed.
- Within my DOCUMENTS, I went to the Electronic Arts folder, into the Sims 3 folder, created the "Mods" folder and the subfolder "Packages".
-I made sure I had the latest Resource.cfg placed in the "Mods" folder
- I downloaded AND extracted the mods I wanted (DebugEnabler, MasterController, NoCD, Overwatch, Traveler, and all of the Woohooer packages).
- I copied the extracted PACKAGES files into C:\Users\(me)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.
- After noticing them not working, I went back in and deleted the four cache files suggested.

Having used the mods before, I know that when I load into the main menu of the game, there should be a menu that pops up and says, "Hey, you have these mods installed" and I click a button that says, "Yes, I know, I installed them."

Well, whenever I load into the game, it doesn't bring up that Master Obvious menu. I've tried at least five different times quitting and reloading, and still nothing. I have checked all of the 'double check x' guides, and even went so far as to uninstall ALL of the mods and redo EVERYTHING, but I still am having no luck making the game register that there are, in fact, mods installed.

Someone please help me understand what else I can do to make them work?!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 6:54 PM
Most likely there's something off with the Resource.cfg file (hard to say since there is no more info about it). Instead of creating the mods folder yourself, I suggest you download the ready-made version of it from here... http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files ...and try again.