Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#26 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 9:42 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 1st Dec 2006 at 9:50 AM.
Her site's been down ages. There is that archive folder containing the downloads as you say but there is no sign of life.

Anyway I just looked at it, and it looks like it's been updated for pets, so that's worth trying. She uses a slightly different method from me, but if it works, it works.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 9:51 AM
About 2 or 3 weeks ago I could still visit the site. Because of her server it was sometimes just impossible to enter but this is different... hopefully she will come back soon

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:11 AM
Quote:
Ok I will look at doing this today hopefully. I miss Shaklin!

Hey Inge, once again, thanks for doing this, but just want you to know you shouldn't really feel under pressure doing this, okay? If you do it, then hoorah, if you don't, then no biggie.
#29 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:29 AM
I don't need to any more - the last couple of posts have explained that her hack is still available and works :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:59 AM
Haha, my apologies then thats fantastic! ill try the updated patch and see if it works Was the patch the one I mentioned earlier, i.e. shaklin_selectional_sofa_global.zip from here ?
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 12:23 PM
yep
^&$

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 10:05 AM Last edited by blake_boy : 3rd Dec 2006 at 10:11 AM.
does anyone know how to contact shaklin? (via email, forum, etc.)
Instructor
#33 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 10:27 AM
Tried to expand your question to SimForum.de (would like to know if she retired or just needs a break or whatever... )
If the new thread is 'allowed' and someone replies I'll tell you Just for the case noone in here knows the mail-addy

#34 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 11:36 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 4th Dec 2006 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Removed file
I just looked closely at Shaklin's patch, and I do not understand how it could ever have worked. She's checking for a category of a particular value and the sofas do not have that category value.

I made my version of this utility, hopefully this file will be attached...

Do not have both Shaklin's and my patch in your downloads together!!

Instructor
#35 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 11:37 AM
Thank you

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 1:29 PM
Thanks for trying to help Khaibit, i appreciate your help

Inge, I'm the happiest man alive right now!! (not really, but close) Look what Ive got:

Think ive got a tear in my eye now Thanks for all your help Inge, I don't really know how you bared with me the whole time, but youve dragged me through Ive really learnt a lot from you this whole time, and I really thought that youve ditched me towards the end. Anyway, thank you again Inge
#37 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 1:35 PM
I just didn't want to tread on Shaklin's toes, creator-wise, until I was totally sure her patch was not working and that she was not in the middle of updating it.

Nice sofa, by the way!

Instructor
#38 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 1:40 PM
COOL! When will you upload? You have to - or gimme at least, gimme gimme gimme please! :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 3:15 PM
Ok, thanks Inge. Ill deifinitely be uploading it in this forum, but I think it still needs a lot of work with the shadows and textures. Also, I need to tweak with the CRES to correct the positioning of the sims when sitting down. Stay tuned
Instructor
#40 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 4:00 PM
*waiting all of a dither fidgeting impatiently* :D
Triying to wait patiently... gimme gimme gimme! :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 12:17 PM
Hey Inge, when I upload my sofa, should I link back here for your patch?
#42 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 12:39 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 4th Dec 2006 at 12:55 PM.
Oh I need to post it somewhere proper now it's been tested. Gimme a while for some reason I posted the booth one somewhere really daft (just like this), it should have been submitted to downloads really. But anyway I shall add this to the thread containing the booth one, and also to the page on my site which I gave as an alternative location.

Edit: Now at http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1393933

Instructor
#43 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 12:21 PM
Is it still required to contact Shaklin?

#44 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 12:36 PM
Not on my account, thanks anyway.

Instructor
#45 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 12:55 PM
Ok

Page 2 of 2