Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 8:59 PM
Default Paint Shop Pro X2 just lost the ability to save dds files ....
What could cause this? I've been making patterns for Sims 3 in Paint Shop Pro X2, and for a while I was able to save them as dds files (yes, I have the plug-in and it's enabled). Suddenly it stopped working. For the past two days I haven't been able to save dds files at all. It will save other types of files, but not dds. When I click "Save As" it takes me to a screen where you see all the format options such as 24-bit RGB, 32-bit ARGB, etc, but the "save" option is greyed out and unclickable. Does anyone know why this could happen?

I did change some settings in File/Preferences/File Format Associations, but I'm starting to think that didn't have anything to do with the problem. I did an uninstall and reinstall of X2, and it didn't fix the problem.

I used this plug-in, which was referred to me by two different tutorials that used Paint Shop: http://www.fpsbanana.com/tools/download/650
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 6:39 AM
Sorry ... never mind. I discovered that I was trying to save files that were 257X256. The program didn't like that odd size. My bad.