Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2016 at 9:13 PM
Default questions about Object Data resource
like suggested, I am re-posting questions in this section. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5018480

these line say "Unused" in base game:: 0x003e, 0x0050, 0x0051, 0x005c, 0x005d, 0x0069, 0x006a.
do any of those lines change with any pack?

what exactly are the "Downtown sort" and "Vacation sort" lines?
and what are all the proper values for those lines?

would it be ok for a Buy Mode object to be in 2 or more function categories?
would it be ok for a Build Mode object to be in 2 or more Build Mode categories?
would it be ok for any object to be in 2 or more sub-categories?

not from that thread

the "Catalog Ratings" section of the resource; what are the limits for the Needs lines (Hunger, Comfort, Hygiene, Bladder, Energy, Fun, Room, Scratch, Chew)?
SkillFlags line; I guess each skill corresponds to a power of 2. is that right?
those (Needs & Skill) are only what the catalogues show?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th May 2016 at 6:08 PM
Those lines say "Unused" in SimPe, the word "Unused" comes from within SimPE so the game version is irrelevant.

I've never looked into the Downtown, Holiday or even Community sort values, I just copy the values from any item that's already in the correct catalogue locations.

I'm quite sure it'd be OK for something to be in more than one category but.. It must be in the most appropriate category or we'll have a hard time finding it. It can be tough enough finding what we want without having to sort through stuff that's also in inappropriate categories.

The catalogue ratings are just for the catalogue dialogue, they can be as high as you like but you would only be fooling yourself by giving them a higher rating than they should be, typically a value of 10 is the highest you'd see.

The skill flags have the following:
+ Cooking Skill Flag 1
+ Mechanical Skill Flag 2
+ Logic Skill Flag 4
+ Body Skill Flag 8
+ Creativity Skill Flag 10
+ Charisma Skill Flag 20
+ Study Skill Flag 40
+ Cleaning Skill Flag 80

Also, not used as much as they could be the 'Catalogue Use Flags' have the following:
Group Activity Use Flag 4
Can only be used by Children Use Flag 2
Can only be used by Adults Use Flag 1
Can only be used by Teens Use Flag 8
Can only be used by Elders Use Flag 10
Can only be used by Toddlers Use Flag 20
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2016 at 11:28 PM
just to make sure, the values you gave are hexadecimal?
Scholar
#4 Old 15th May 2016 at 4:54 PM
Yes sorry, they would be the hex values not flags.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2016 at 1:37 AM
the given values; are those for just base game or whole game?