Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 6:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
content wont load/install ?
I recently installed a few different mods, they extracted fine and all, but now when I go to actually download the content to my game it opens the launcher but wont download, help?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 6:36 PM
First of all, is your content in package or sim3pack format? If you have .package content, make sure your setup is correct by following this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Second, I don't understand why you say that it "extracted fine" (so it was a .zip/.rar file that contained something else) and then you go to install the content using the launcher (so I assume your trying to install a .sims3pack) but then you say "but won't download"... How come? You have already downloaded the content, or you meant "install" instead of download.
Please, clarify your message if you want to get assistance.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 8:42 PM
Mods will always be in package form never sims3pack. Are you talking about custom content? Furniture, clothes things like that? Where are you putting the files when you try to "install" them. Sims3packs (the green icons with the plumbob pic) get installed with the launcher and go into "downloads" so the game can find them to install. Mods and package files go into your "mods" folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
First of all, is your content in package or sim3pack format? If you have .package content, make sure your setup is correct by following this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Second, I don't understand why you say that it "extracted fine" (so it was a .zip/.rar file that contained something else) and then you go to install the content using the launcher (so I assume your trying to install a .sims3pack) but then you say "but won't download"... How come? You have already downloaded the content, or you meant "install" instead of download.
Please, clarify your message if you want to get assistance.

Sorry if i wasn't making much sense, i've never modded anything. yes, its sim3pack format, I read a lot on it before I tried it its mostly build-a-sim things. The plumbob icon shows up next to the content on my computer but when I open it, the launcher opens but the content isn't where the rest of the content is, and none of the content actually made it on to the game, not in create a sim, or as a option to add on.
Attached Images

Inventor
#5 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 5:11 PM
You need to put your Sims3Pack files in the Downloads (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads). Once you do that, you open the Launcher and you go to the DOWNLOAD tab. There you tick all the downloads you want to install and press the button INSTALL. Depending on the amount of content you're trying to install, it may take a while. You can confirm the content was installed correctly by going to the Installed Content tab.