Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:12 PM
Default Pay attention to the priest or you're going to SimHell!
Searching seems to not want to let me search, so alas, a post to ask. There a mod out there, working with P&N that makes people sit the &$@! down and shut the *#!& up during church services? Seriously, everytime one of my priestly types tries to have a sermon, most of the people that show up are booing, and cheering, and chattering, or worst off, sword fighting!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 5:45 PM
I wish....at least they don't break out into sword fights anymore. (Thanks Shim)

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Outfit_Planner
I wish....at least they don't break out into sword fights anymore. (Thanks Shim)

Don't you mean Simmodder99?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 7:12 PM
Maybe the homily is a little boring.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 8:13 PM
I think the more they fear the church the more respect they show. upping the fear takes a long time, can't wait til someone mods it. until then, i just kill anyone who isn't sitting down paying attention during my sermons.
#6 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 9:04 PM
what's a church?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 1:45 PM
You have to mix it up when your Priests are preaching. The Jacoban church goers prefer an 'intense' sermon. The Peteran church prefers humorous sermons.
If you mix it up you will see either the meter falling or rising depending on which type sermon, casual etc. you are giving.
More fear at the Jacoban church is gained by more experience, and more hell fire and brimstone preaching and what kind of proclaimations you post. You can post them even if the quest doesn't require one. Have him go out and place one that might raise the fear.
The Peteran church doesn't like the casual sermon much. Just mix it up as the sermon is given to see what makes the meter rise or fall. (Both Priests need more experience and a high or very focused focus, too.)
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 8:43 PM
Actually, I found out at least for the Peterans the Insightful tone is the best. It ALWAYS raises the meter, and at that faster than any other tone.

The catch is that unless your priest is level 10 (which is a lot easier these days), you have to study the watcher before giving the sermon. The insight buff has to be still active when you give the sermon.

Basically humour or gloom are good and fine, but just like IRL, those people like it more if it sounds like you did your homework and can tell them some insightful-sounding stuff. They're not coming to the church just to hear jokes.

Basically my Peteran monk's day starts with him getting outta bed at 5:30, eat, study the watcher, and by the time I'm finished, maybe I have time to use the chamberpot or convert someone before giving the insightful sermon at 8:00. Works like a charm every time.

Dunno about the Jacobans, I never liked them enough to play them.

Of course, I don't have to say, the focus bar being high also helps. If you did the Meat Quest IV quest first for example and picked the right choice, a Master quality meal gives a hefty focus boost, for example. All the more reason to have the sermon at 8:00 before the effect wears off. And the insight buff from studying the maker also helps, on top of allowing Insightful sermons. If you're scholarly, you can also try to find the time to read a short book right before the sermon, or really, make the most out of whatever traits you have. And at that point you should be pretty buffed up.

If you want to raise that bar even faster, go evangelize afterwards, as the buffs are still up. Doing that every day and converting lots of people should help rake in some profits.

Of course, it still won't stop people from swordfighting and playing the fiddle in church, but, oh well...