Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2016 at 11:55 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 2nd May 2016 at 4:01 PM.
Default No one in Town on Map view? (FIXED)
This is quite strange. It started to happen recently. I must have touch something about tags..? Usually, when on map view, you see everyone going places, community lots are packed with people..or simply so and so traveling back home etc.
Nothing. I just sarted a new Town, Riverview..it's been so long I played in there...and this Town is full of sims...so where are they?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd May 2016 at 12:51 AM
They are hiding under their beds. One of the sims in town warned everyone else about you. (just kidding, obviously)

Are you by any chance using NRaas Tagger? If so, you have to activate sim tags to see everyone's tag in Map View, from City Hall or an in-game computer. The exact command depends on which version of Tagger you have. For v3, that would be
NRaas > Tagger > Options > Enable Sim Tags (and similar for Lot Tags)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2016 at 12:59 AM
I do not have tagger...and it was showing before, so I have no clue what's happening. I should have *show map tag* somewhere in SP? but cannot find this.
Or is it SP? me not know anymore.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2016 at 1:40 AM
Map tags used to be a part of SP Extra. They were pulled out as of v266 to help reduce the overhead and lag that SP is so famous for and rolled into their own mod, Tagger, that had been in testing alongside of it for around a year prior.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:27 AM
Ok..I have SP extra,for my patch level which is 1.63. I haven't re downloaded, so why can't I see the tags on sims? I used to.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:37 AM
Ah, I don't even think to ask about the older versions anymore. But with that version of SP, I don't believe map tags were on by default either. Now I have to remember where they were in the options menus. How about, on City Hall/computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims? (and Options:Lots for lot tags)

Or (sounding like a broken record now) you can get Tagger. It should work on Patch 1.63. You just can't have SP tags and Tagger tags activated at the same time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd May 2016 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 2nd May 2016 at 3:27 AM.
I checked under general option, then option sim..nothing about tags there. I'll try under lot option. But there is something going on..as it was always there (I too like to sound like a broken record)
Only thing I did different, was to take your advice. lol
I took my NRaas.package out of my game, to have all the NRaas mods loose, not merged instead. But why would tags on sims change?
I'll try lot option, I'll be back.

Ok so I cannot find anything about tags anywhere. I'll go grab Tagger. But that still does not explain why it stopped working.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2016 at 3:50 AM
(Emerges from the basement, dusting self off) cough-cough We've really gotta clean that place out one of these days. I found an archived version of SP documentation. It was SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Show Map Tags and Options:Lots > Show Map Tags. But they were on (All) by default. My mistake.

The only things I can think of is that SP Extra is not registering or you haven't cleared your scriptCache.package file since making this change. On Sim (Caste, Household, Town) Options, can you Static your sims' motives? Those are also a function of SP Extra.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd May 2016 at 7:38 AM
Oh..I just closed game, I'm going to bed...But I'll try this tomorrow. Thank you!

One Minute Ninja'd
#11 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:06 PM
..............and this is why I still use some old version of SP, including tags. Not that I don't mind tags to be split out, but because I have a file, now 18 months old, with all my SP settings in it. Those settings are the result of years of tinkering to get everything exactly the way I like, even castes (which were really tough to understand when they first came out). And I am terrified if I updated my SP version that my settings file would no longer be supported, and there's no way I can remember all the little tweaks I made.

@igazor, this isn't a dig about all the hard work you folks have put in over on NRass keeping it going. It's just me acting like a coward over losing those settings. That, or a Luddite.

Good luck, Rosebine. I hope you get your tags back. I know I could never play without them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:15 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 2nd May 2016 at 4:00 PM. Reason: adding lame info
I thought of putting back into game, my NRaas.package file (all NRaas mods I have, merged) to see if it would all come back. Funny though, it is just the simmies ones. I see my household, so my own sim and her roommate on map view, but that's it.
Cache files might be...as I do not delete them when they are 1kb, and they were...I deleted them,
I'll go back in game right now and look for what Igazor said.
(time my game loads up to my family, I should get back in about 15 minutes..lol)

So I checked and i can make needs static. (Stasis and all others)

Oh..I just remember..I added SP Population a few days ago, I had it all zipped and ready and alone and...then IT yelled at me like...Hey!!! meeeee, install meeee toO!
So I did you know?
Do you think IT could be why?

SOLVED! No idea how...but I removed all NRaas loose mods, and put back my merged file. All sim tags are back, option about tags too (in SP) so I guess all is well?
Sorry Igazor, I tried to follow your advice about not merging core mods...I have no clue how this happened. I still plan to have them all loose when new computer comes though.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd May 2016 at 4:55 PM Last edited by igazor : 2nd May 2016 at 6:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
..............and this is why I still use some old version of SP, including tags. Not that I don't mind tags to be split out, but because I have a file, now 18 months old, with all my SP settings in it. Those settings are the result of years of tinkering to get everything exactly the way I like, even castes (which were really tough to understand when they first came out). And I am terrified if I updated my SP version that my settings file would no longer be supported, and there's no way I can remember all the little tweaks I made.

I did not lose any of my SP settings when v266 came out and saved exports of those still worked fine when imported. The only time I dropped settings was way back when castes were invented; I didn't preserve settings after that as the structure of SP changed so much that I felt it wouldn't have made any sense to even try. Of course, I am one user and one with a very old game. Others' experiences may well vary.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Cache files might be...as I do not delete them when they are 1kb, and they were...I deleted them,
I'll go back in game right now and look for what Igazor said.
(time my game loads up to my family, I should get back in about 15 minutes..lol)

So I checked and i can make needs static. (Stasis and all others)

Oh..I just remember..I added SP Population a few days ago, I had it all zipped and ready and alone and...then IT yelled at me like...Hey!!! meeeee, install meeee toO!
So I did you know?
Do you think IT could be why?

SOLVED! No idea how...but I removed all NRaas loose mods, and put back my merged file. All sim tags are back, option about tags too (in SP) so I guess all is well?
Sorry Igazor, I tried to follow your advice about not merging core mods...I have no clue how this happened. I still plan to have them all loose when new computer comes though.

When a cache file stays put at 1k, we think it's acting as a pointer to the "real" cache someplace else we can't see. Though no one I know of has been able to confirm this except to observe that different worlds cache differently. Deleting the 1k caches (or not doing so) seems to have the same impact as the more sizable ones.

I can't begin to explain why your merged mods work where the single ones drop tags, but glad you found a solution that works for now and your sims have come out from under their beds to tell you what they are doing.