Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 10:46 AM
Really nice Is that Seth statue a part of WA?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 5:26 PM
This is really stunning! Love the lake and it's surroundigs. You have really awesome ideas Maybe you could also "build" something on the top of the big flying rocks out of the deco columns and wall pieces (the ones you are using on the bridge) I think that might be interesting. I also think that maybe the waterfalls could be placed more "inside" of the rocks so that they dont look like they start in the sky (unless that is what you were aiming for)

Amazing work

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Really nice Is that Seth statue a part of WA?

Thank you, glad you like it Little ones are the WA relic, but the big one is from Tankuz's Egypt Set.

Quote: Originally posted by Crowkeeper
This is really stunning! Love the lake and it's surroundigs. You have really awesome ideas Maybe you could also "build" something on the top of the big flying rocks out of the deco columns and wall pieces (the ones you are using on the bridge) I think that might be interesting. I also think that maybe the waterfalls could be placed more "inside" of the rocks so that they dont look like they start in the sky (unless that is what you were aiming for)

Amazing work

Really amazing idea, thank you so much! I'm going to do that!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:11 PM
This is looking sooooooooooooooooo good!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 7:35 AM Last edited by HarVee : 29th Jan 2018 at 12:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by wasset-aseskara
But cars may ruin the world's atmosphere...
I must say that I have cash registers in market building (like Al Simhara), I placed them because I don't want the world to be just decoractive, but also playable. I'm also thinking about adding Egyptian resource, which means townies walk to destinations instead of using car. Maybe roads would be good with Egyptian resource - so only active household will use cars. What's your opinion about this?

Hate to say this, but cars are an important mechanic for travel in The Sims 3. It may fit the world ambiance better to not have them, I agree with that but the trade off in that means it'll take drastically longer for Sims to travel the world and this could make them be late for work and generally cause inconvenience to the player(s).

I suggest adding roads only where it makes sense. So maybe one dirt/stone themed road around the town and one going through the town. Besides which, if cars/roads are not added because they'd stand out then I must say that there are many other game aspects that will stand out too, some which you can't disable like the cell phone... and you did also say in the title you're going for a fantasy theme. I think mixing modern with ancient is certainly a way to achieve that.

Have you also chosen a name or is City of the Sun God the world name? If you want to have a more authentic ancient Egyptian name, I suggest adding "Pwr" to the beginning of the world name. "Pwr" means to be "a house of/by" something in ancient Kmt tongue and was often used by ancient Egyptians in naming schemes for cities and to also describe monuments in an informal manner. Pwr-Ntr would be my first name choice as that literally transcribes as "house of god". Pwr-Ntr [read: Per-Netjer] is actually what the ancient Egyptians used when describing a pyramid, but, that name in a modern application can be used to appear more authentic while still staying fairly generic.

By the way, do you need a beta tester for this world? I will gladly help out if you would like.

Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Nah, HarVee is a liar. He lied to everyone about living in Egypt. He's not Egyptian and never been to Egypt in his entire life. His account is also banned.

Saying that isn't going to invalidate me, my beliefs, nor any of the knowledge I've gained from my research on the subject. The personal squabbles you and others have with me aren't relevant. 'Twas three years ago madam. It's time to live and let die.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 11:42 AM Last edited by wasset-aseskara : 30th Nov 2019 at 3:30 PM.
Thank you all for your opinions and replies!

Actually I couldn't find a name for the world. "City of the Sun God" was a temporary name, but I still wonder if I can change it from now on.
After I built the main city, I wanted to dedicate it to Ra. Because the city reminds me the warmth and life that sun (or Ra should I say?) gives. Renaming the world in Medu Netjer (words of gods) would be nice, if it's not too late, I may change the name to Per-Netjeru (House of Gods). (I thought about Per-Ra -House of Ra-, but it's too short :/)

There will be more zones dedicated to other gods. A necropolis, which is protected by Anubis for example. A tomb based on Gates of Duat and it's final room based on Hall of two truths (judgement hall with huge scales), a library dedicated to Thoth, etc.

And I am studying Medu Netjer too! *screams with excitement*

Of course I need beta testers, when I'll make more progress on the world. Thank you for asking! ^^
Mad Poster
#32 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 12:23 PM Last edited by HarVee : 30th Jan 2018 at 8:52 AM.
The zone concept is an interesting idea and would be an intriguing way to depict a Netjer's personality. I'm really look forward to seeing what you do with Inpw's (Anubis) necropolis. I do imagine that'll be quite tricky to build.

For Anubis' necropolis I suggest building it on a mountain in the southern area of the world, as two of his epitaphs read: "He Who Is upon His Mountain" and "He Who Protects the Southern Palace" respectively. Maybe also have some sort of leopard-themed flag or hanging rug if possible? To represent Imiut.

Anyway, It isn't too late to change the world name. At least, not from a technical aspect. You'll need to rename it in CAW when you export it.

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:02 AM
Cool project. I've been looking for a decent Ancient Egyptian themed world to play in. I've done a few Egyptian-themed lots before, featured here in my secondary simblr. I'm piqued at how this project might turn out since the world I've been using as an ersatz of the Double Kingdom is still striking me as a bit modern and hard to plan around. I love the papyrus and even got the stencils.

Here are a few suggestions that you can use and mix-and-match to create a more playable generally roadless world:
  • Have one major city where everything's more or less clustered and people just walk to where they need to be.
  • Have several self-contained communities with the same logic, but with paths connecting them. Also compatible with a large city idea.
  • Make it Pets-compatible. Horses and donkeys seem to fit the setting.

I'm on board with making this world roadless. Roadlessness exploration more of an adventure, too, since the sims would have to travel far from home to explore the world. It'll also add a bit of mysticism if people could travel by teleportation, especially if they're Egyptian gods or practitioners of magic, which suit the fantasy nature of the world.

If you decide on roads, I support the suggestion of making it dirt-textured for people who have the chariot.

---

As for architecture, try choosing a wall that has a texture that fades right around the bottom to indicate plastered walls that weather a bit in the bottom. I use alternating bands of chipping plastered walls, pristine plastered walls, and painted-on patterns, mainly inspired by both the look of Prince of Egypt and Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile. Visibly brick walls should be reserved for buildings meant for the lower classes. Stencils and paintings could add to the effect of painted walls if going by the plaster route. Lastly, the ideal window should be the square stone one from WA and, to add variety, an squared archway of some sort since the ancient Egyptians mainly used post-and-lintel construction.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:41 AM
i am looking foreword to download it
it looks really awesome
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 5:26 AM
I'm late for roads I think, but I made a major city where everything is close. So walking won't be a huge problem. And for tombs or adventure lots which are far from city, I'll make a teleportation system. Dive wells probably. And glad you like it!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:49 AM
Dive wells are an excellent idea. Hope to see more soon.
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wasset-aseskara
I'm late for roads I think, but I made a major city where everything is close. So walking won't be a huge problem. And for tombs or adventure lots which are far from city, I'll make a teleportation system. Dive wells probably. And glad you like it!

Replying to an old thread, but has this world been completed yet?
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th May 2019 at 8:15 AM
City interested me, so I want to ask: will it be continued?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 18th May 2019 at 10:02 AM
Hello all, thank you for your interest! Unfortunately I've lost all my previous world files :'( But for this city, I started again. Trying to keep the world similar to previous one, as much as possible. Will post when I make more progress.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 19th May 2019 at 2:20 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 19th May 2019 at 2:44 AM.
Good to hear! I think you should definitely look into making or converting some custom CAW items for this world- I can help you if you want! I would really recommend using CAW items for all of the major objects in the city (i.e. pylons, giant walls) as they look better from farther away. I would look into finding some games to convert items from- I think Serious Sam 3 has some good Egypt items (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi.../?id=381651105).

Speaking of which, have you seen the Egyptian cities in Assassins Creed Origins? Really loved the way the waters interwove with the cities. Below are some images + links to the Artstation pages, which contain more images. Would definitely recommend searching up Assassins Creed Origins on Artstation for even more images.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/moem9

More concept art:

In-game:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vozkD

More in-game images:

I also really loved the depiction of Babylon from Oliver Stone's 2004 Alexander movie- imagine an enormous, ancient, mysterious, crumbling and luxuriantly overgrown garden city on the banks of a river. For me that symbolizes the perfect ancient desert city!

https://twitter.com/paulmmcooper/st...020541492490240
Mad Poster
#41 Old 20th May 2019 at 9:48 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 29th May 2019 at 12:18 AM.
@wasset-aseskara Looking around, another game you could try to convert from is Titan Quest.

Serious Sam 3 I think has the right model quality (detailed but not too many polys + clean textures) + possible LODs, but I haven't been able to find the editor as of yet.

EDIT: Titan Quest has a huge amount of city props and walls I think will be very useful, would recommend extracting from this game. I've been able to extract a couple of buildings and props, and as far as I know, many of them only need a LOD to be CAW-ready.

Mad Poster
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 10:51 PM
Yeah so I'm wondering what the progress is on this? I'm still available for testing. And I'm a registered Egyptologist and I'm always available for insight. Shoot me a PM if you'd like. Contrary to what was said prior in this thread, I have lived in Egypt. Last year I spent two months in Alexandria doing some English teaching and exploring and mapping out the city.

@jje1000

I love the artworks. AC is a good way to get an idea of what the architecture was like, but as far as culture goes I wouldn't use AC as a reference. Poor guys in that game can't even speak Kemetic nor pronounce Anubis' pre-Greek name.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 6:32 PM
Not only do you need to mark this as an actual Egyptian Vacation World, you should gear it TO BE a Vacation World. I would download this the instant it was released, no doubt.

I volunteer to test the World, if you are still looking for a few good men.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 9:54 AM
Hi everyone, thank you for all of your opinions. And sorry for the late reply. Good news is that I found the old world file. Bad news is that there is no big progress... I started working on it yesterday, and soon I'll post an update!
If you would like to test this world, I'll let you know when it's available for testing. Thank you for your interest.

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
AC is a good way to get an idea of what the architecture was like, but as far as culture goes I wouldn't use AC as a reference. Poor guys in that game can't even speak Kemetic nor pronounce Anubis' pre-Greek name.

I played AC Origins too. I loved the game's atmosphere and architecture. I think I'm very familiar with Ancient Egyptian culture (maybe reincarnation? )

Forsaken World's Sea of Oblivion was biggest inspiration for me, because I loved how they mixed the fantasy theme with Egypt.

The 'Heart of Chaos' zone was inspired by SoO:

By the way, I lost all CC and I need Tankuz's Egypt set , which was used in this world. The download url is broken. Does anyone has it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 2:57 PM
Default Update 11/30/2019

Hi, unfortunately I couldn't make a huge progress, but here's a small update.

I edited the Market Square:

Inside:

Wish there was a bookcase CC full of papyrus. :D

Tavern, The Drunken Lizard:

Inside:

I placed a few game tables and a juice keg inside the tavern, so it's not full of just chairs and loveseats. :D

Heart of Chaos:

I added fog effect so it looks more creepy, and also the dark view of this area won't disturb you too much when looking from the main city.

Garden of Osiris:

I'll build a temple dedicated to Osiris behind this garden.

Here's a summary of his story: Osiris is god of fertility and vegetation, and he was also the god-king of Egypt. He was very fair to his people, so the public adored him. His brother Set, god of chaos, was jealous of him and he murdered Osiris, then cut his body to fourteen pieces. His wife Isis (goddess of life and magic) searched for the pieces, collected them and resurrected him with the help of Anubis, guide of the underworld. After his resurrection, Osiris became the Lord of the Underworld(Duat) and god of rebirth.

I associate him with life, nature and universal love, so I decided to decorate his garden with glowing butterflies and such. Hope it looks lively as Osiris!

That's all for now, it's not too big progress but hope you like the new stuff!
Mad Poster
#46 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 10:44 PM
@wasset-aseskara

Looks wonderful!

Do you still want the meshes I extracted from Titan Quest?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
@wasset-aseskara

Looks wonderful!

Do you still want the meshes I extracted from Titan Quest?

Thank you so much!
It would be fantastic, I need more Egyptian meshes for TS3. Thank you for the help!
Mad Poster
#48 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 2:18 PM
So cool; gorgeous pictures and lots!
Omg those papyrus plants everywhere look glorious.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 7:58 AM
I am so glad to hear that you found your file and are working on this again! It all looks wonderful!
Test Subject
#50 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 1:27 AM
Hello everyone. So I see this thread hasn't been updated in a while and would just like to know if world is still on the making. If it is I would love to test it when it's available for testing. Been mad crazy looking for an Ancient Egypt world, came across Al Shibalba, Al Medina, not convinced tried creating my own but I'm just a computer dummy and it didn't work out at all. Let me know please, it all sounds and look amazing. I would love to have my sims move to this world.
Page 2 of 2