Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets
Default How to download content with Windows 8?
I have windows 8 on my computer, and I can't seem to figure out how to download the content into my game, and I cannot find any information on here on how to do it. Is it the same as the Windows 7?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:58 AM
Yeah, it should all work the same. I'm running Windows 8.2, playing TS3 through Steam, and I just used the same on-site guide. The steps are the same.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
Yeah, it should all work the same. I'm running Windows 8.2, playing TS3 through Steam, and I just used the same on-site guide. The steps are the same.

Mammal I don't think 8.2 is out yet, I have 8.1
Banned
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rojan
Mammal I don't think 8.2 is out yet, I have 8.1

steam? i see anything with steam i run away. never put that on my machine.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sirvino
steam? i see anything with steam i run away. never put that on my machine.

Okay...

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:41 PM
It's a bit as Windows 8 but it's quite easy

- Do you have WinRar? If you download through Google Chrome (don't know with Internet Explorer but should work the same) on the bottom of the page you will see everything you've downloaded.

- Just click the WinRAR icon (which is a pair of books? I honestly don't know) and there you'll find your CC. Place it in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads (if you have Ultimate Collection click My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Downloads)

- If there is no Downloads map, create your own - make sure it's named Downloads - not download

- Please use CleanInstaller (http://modthesims.info/d/409950) because you can get unwanted content installed if you don't have it and believe me it can easily break your game
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:59 PM
This is for Sims 3. But it's basically the same process except you don't use Clean Installer and the packages go in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Alchemist
#8 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 8:08 PM
Oh my! I forgot what forum I was in

what nurny said