Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 6:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Help with Active Sims/Selectability/Roommates in Sims University (somewhat urgent)
So the story is, I took my Sim to university and moved him into a dorm because he has the social butterfly trait. I thought it would be fun for him. A few days before final exams (I have extended university terms) I was looking through moodlets with MasterController and found there were 7 sims with the "Failing University" moodlet. Only 7; my 7 roommates.

Obviously a game glitch preventing them from behaving normally while on the active lot I used the MasterController "Make Selectable" cheat to be able to controll them all and force them to study and work on their respective sills, I even got two up so far to the Dean's list in 24 hours.

Now here's the problem: I can't remove them from the active family! I can only make them so I can't select them. There's no option to move or kick out anyone and I can't split the household up via edit town. Is there /anything/ I can do to get these Sims out of my family and back into the roommate pool for when my sim leaves university and goes back home? I wanted to force their grades up because it's clearly being in the active lot that caused them to fail, and I didn't think that was fair.

I could always play from the previous save and cycle through them one by one to do the same thing via MasterController's "Make Active" option instead but that is so much more work! I'm hoping there's a way to return them to their original state as roommates and not household members!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:09 PM
Have you tried to go to the Admin Building to ask for a roommate reassignment? Likely won't work but worth a shot anyway.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:43 AM
No, I didn't actually try this since the game thinks they're members of the family I don't think it'll help. I'll try it but still looking for suggestions
Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:04 PM
Well, I found this thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/560...from-household/ (fourth message from top). If their solution doesn't work, then you may have a permanent situation in your hands.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 7:41 PM
OW

Makes me afraid to try going to the university! haha