Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Default WTF is this? (weird facial blemishes)
Hey guys.

So I've been searching around for a while today and haven't found anything relevant to my issue so hopefully someone here has seen it before.
One of my child Sims aged into a teen today and when she did, she had two blemishes or marks or something on her face.

I hope that works. I've never posted a photo here before.
Anyway, if it does, you can see there's a strange mark on her cheek and one on her forehead. I've been reading and apparently teens can't get acne like they could in TS2, so what in the world is this? I already went through and made sure it wasn't a weird accessory or costume makeup. And I used testingcheats to go into CAS with her and age her up to an adult, and the marks are gone then. I'm just so confused. I've never seen this. Please help.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:43 PM
Default I have the same issue!
I was going to make a post about exactly the same problem! I have triplets and two of them got this weird marks that look like acne when they came back from the boarding school as teenagers, I tried everything, interact with the mirror, facials in spa... and it doesn't disappear, I don't know what to do, those marks are so ugly big lol. Hope someone can help our poor teenagers

Here is how it looks in CAS:

And in game:

These are two different sims, they have the mark in the same place of the face, this is so odd, I can't find any information about this on internet, I been searching for days :/

I'm not obsessed, I'm just very very very very very focused.

Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 2:53 PM
I'd assume it's an issue with the custom skins? What skins are you two using?

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 8:01 AM
I'm sorry you're having the same inexplicable issue but I'm glad I'm not just crazy. And Mammal, it's not the skins. I forgot to mention when I went into CAS with mine, I tried changing the skintone and it was still there regardless of which one I used.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:21 PM
it's the sliders. i had an adult sim made with custom sliders and went to cas to make it a teen. and those face things showed up. i had to go through the custom sliders, one by one, setting them them to zero, to find wich one was the culprit
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 2:10 PM
That makes sense - I was about to say it looks like a normals issue on the face mesh, and was trying to work out what could affect that. Sliders, of course, is the right answer!

When you work out which slider is the cause, it'd be a good idea to make a comment wherever you downloaded it, so the creator and future downloaders know about the problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 7:06 AM Last edited by MadamFoster : 9th Oct 2014 at 7:16 AM.
Well...that's a daunting task but at least it's doable. I'll go into CAS again either tonight or tomorrow and figure it out. I'm not always 100% sure where I get my sliders from, if I download a custom Sim and the creator includes all the sliders they used, but I'll at least figure out the name of it.

Got it. It was the Lip Corners Shape. It's under the upper lip tab.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Gabrielazy : 16th Oct 2014 at 12:04 AM.
Well, it was indeed one of the sliders, discovered by accident lol, screenshots here:

I set the slider to 0 and problem solved, hope the creator of the slider is aware of this because I don't think we are the only ones with this problem, the "glitch" looks exactly like a big pimple lol.

Thank you all for you help

EDIT:

I Tried to contact the creator of the slider to let her/him know the issue, but I can't, I don't know how to since it's a tumblr. I hope someone can, here is the url of the creator: http://voicesshoots.tumblr.com/post...-to-create-them

I'm not obsessed, I'm just very very very very very focused.