Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Pretty much what I figured... it would surprise me too! Now I just have to come up with some clever sci-fi explanation for why there's an unlimited fortune beneath every square meter of SimCity!

in other note, sims 2 treasure finding may be coded to be like makin magic a little. or a little like the game of minesweeper huh?

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 1:45 PM
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
I wonder how the game decides what items can be dug up - I've never noticed any pattern..
It's probably random sequence with a selection of cheapy catalogue items

It is a preset list in a STR. You can create a mod to change them. I'm sure there is a way to alter the odds of each item as well, just not looked for that resource. If anyone is interested I can create a build-your-own to decide what you want to have dug up.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:40 PM
If it's not a huge amount of work you'd rather not do, I think that would be really neat and appreciated by many out there. Lots of people play different kinds of hood, and I'm sure many storylines could be benefitted by a tailor-made set of dig-up items that fits that particular story.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 8:07 PM
I would love to dig up some of the CC dinosaur bones - will it be possible to add CC items to our "Build-your-own" lists, HL? (If you make this available, that is...) Love the idea!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It is a preset list in a STR. You can create a mod to change them. I'm sure there is a way to alter the odds of each item as well, just not looked for that resource. If anyone is interested I can create a build-your-own to decide what you want to have dug up.

Seriously?! That would be awesome! *Squeals*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 1:22 AM

I would download it for sure.

Back on topic, my sims rarely dig in their own yard. Only one of my sims busted a water pipe at the community park. Mostly my sims only dig while on vacation and generally on a beach lot. They usually dig up shells. One has dug up a vase, and 2 sims have dug up pearl earrings. Those poor male sims look so dumbfounded it wasn't funny.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 8:55 AM
Rocks - and rocks - and more rocks - and even more rocks - and one dynasty vase Maps, never - those they find when they go on tour on vacation.
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 10:39 AM
I found maps in my home lot once, all three of them before setting out.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 2:18 PM

That would be amazing and I would love you forever! :-D
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 3:05 PM

@HugeLunatic I think you've just excited everyone now!
I'd love a tutorial on this. Imagine digging up a cooker or a guitar.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Page 2 of 2