Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 12:42 PM
Default Everything I make shows properly in CTU and TSRW but in game looks weird!Help!
Ok here's the thing! A few days ago I tried to make some package as custom makeup and I did it in usual way but this time I was surprised when I saw how it turned out in game!The whole face turned out to be one color,just like it would look like if I painted the whole alpha white!I tried several more packages with completely different Image files and again they looked ok in CTU or TSRW but in game whole face is in one color! :S I guess the game refuses to read my Alphas!I thought instantly that the problem is in the game so I Uninstalled it,restarted computer and Installed it again!Then I updated it before the first launch,I placed my packages in their folder and started the game!The weird things are: 1st - I recently made my contacts,and I'm often user of CTU so I'm sure I did all the right way! 2nd All the other packages are read properly so how the game differ my new packages from the other ones,so then I guess something is wrong with my packages and I don't know what Here's the preview how it looks in TSRW :

It's just one of many tries just to make mask work! Please if you need some more info on what I did and was it wrong ask me!I've also included my package so you can try it and see will it work for you!It should be placed in the Costume Makeup category for Males and Females all ages! :D
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Hiashdha.rar (440.2 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 10:30 PM
I have the same problem, appears completely white.
Try to clone a different mask, and save your DDS as DXT5 interpolated alpha.
Hope this helps.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 11:27 PM
Possibly try making the alpha black?

Can't be sure, it may be helpful to put in some more images of what you mean, or your .wso file.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 10:10 AM
Moshino98 I'll try your advice!
Odistant I'll try that either just to see what the game reads! I've put my package in this thread and for me it looks like whole face is painted black(or any solid color) but it should look like a preview in first post!
So I need you guys to try my package,pleeease!! And let me know does it look like my preview in TSRW or is it whole face in one color!

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 11:10 AM
Have you tried using a different DXT, such as 3 or 5? Have you made sure that you're using "DXT1 - 1 bit alpha" as opposed to "DXT1 - no alpha"?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 11:47 AM
I'm always using DXT5,even on mask files! :S
Now I have a new situation: I've made costume mask from a different costume mask(not the tiger one)and again it shows ok in CTU but now in game the thumbnail looks like the whole face is covered in one color(blue)but it shows properly when applied.Now the way you should change the color is different than it should be(the way which is ok in CTU)!
Now why the hell would game produce such an thumbnail,and change coloring mode!
Here are some pictures and my package,please try it and if you experience different situation let me know!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Fly.rar (57.1 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 12:49 PM
The mask in the first file you uploaded is DXT1.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:19 PM
Few weeks ago me too I tried to create some Eye Contacts using CTU and I couldn't handle it. (same problem with thumbnail)
Then I used TSRW, I cloned afCostumeMakeUpMoonStars and it worked flawless, now few days ago again I created a face mask using the same program and cloning the same base mask and again worked without having any issue. Then, I recommend you the same.
Don't forget, TSRW 2.0 is definitely the worse program to create cc for Sims 3, this version has thousands of bugs. I deleted it permanently.
I use TSRW RC4 which is the best.
To finish about DXT1, DXT5 and so on,... I always use DXT5 and I never had any problems.
Try this, and get back with reports.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 9:23 PM
Are you using DXT1 instead of DXT5 for the alpha?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 10:05 PM
Oki-doki here are the news...but first of all let me answer to your questions:
whiterider: You're right,but it was only for mask file,so it's ok cause I didn't mean to use alpha to color anything!
moschino98: Tried your way with no luck,it's the same result as in the post #6
Odistant: I'm using DXT5 always for Face Overlay file,because it has best alpha result and DXT1 sometimes for mask file!

Anyways I really don't know what the problem is,if someone has a clue please notice me!

Until then I'll try my best to solve this puzzle