Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:53 PM
Default No Twinbrook
I'm not really sure if I'm allowed to post threads like this.

Actually I just learned of a neighborhood known as Twinbrook a while ago. I've searched and saw some installation problems with some other people, but not me.

My problem however's that Twinbrook fails to appear when I try to start a new game on the main menu. The only neighborhoods available are Sunset Valley, Riverview, and Bridgeport (I didn't download Barnacle Bay). Checked the Caches folder of Ambitions. It does have the Twinbrook.objectCache file. I just wonder how I could activate it in my game.

I'd definitely appreciate anyone's help! I can even post a screenshot.

Anybody who can make a Yoon Eun Hye Sim?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:11 PM
Can you see the .World file in program files/electronic arts/sims 3/ambitions/nonpackaged folder? Try an unistall to reinstall ambitions.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2011 at 4:42 AM
Hmm, I can't. Okay, but I still need to find my CD. I'll get back with some news later. Thanks!

Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2011 at 3:25 AM
(I'm sorry, but I just had to double-post.)

That's strange. My CD installs just fine, but Twinbrook still fails to show up. And I don't see that .World file in that /nonpackaged folder which also does not exist.

Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd May 2011 at 11:30 PM
I have to say this is the weirdest problem I've seen on here so far! So you installed Ambitions, from the official CD, and yet a major component of the game isn't present?

Are any other Ambitions items missing? Do you have the new content in terms of objects and Create-A-Sim stuff? Do you have all the new careers? Look through your game manual and sites such as Sims Wikia and Carl's Sims 3 Guide to check what you should have!

I'm sure you need to do some sort of uninstall/reinstall, but I don't know if there is anything special you'd need to do. What other EPs/SPs do you have for Sims 3? What patch level are you on for each of them?

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th May 2011 at 8:32 AM
Yeah, that is strange!!! I've never seen this before!!!!! It may be a problem with the disk itself, a scratch or even been corupted. My next step would to try a diffrent disk but I wouldn't want to fork out for it again!!!!! You know anyone who has Ambitions you could borrow a disk off of just to double check or even try installing it on another pc. We need to eliminate the disk before looking at other issuses I think.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th May 2011 at 5:53 PM
Try cleaning the disc as shown here:
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...me_Help:Install
Before reinstalling. It sounds like the computer isn't reading the disc correctly. You could also try a local install, as outlined here:
http://help.thesims.com/app/answers...local%20install
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2011 at 9:18 AM
Have to apologize since I've been offline for a couple of days.

Well, I do have Ambitions content all right. Got the Inventing skill, some outfits and all that jazz. But checking the sims of Twinbrook on the wiki, I did see an old lady with a pink cloche hat. And that cloche hat doesn't appear in my game.

Unfortunately, I hardly know anyone with an original CD in my place. And my disk is pretty clean. Also, I've got World Adventures, Late Night, and Fast Lane installed. And my patch level as seen in my launcher is 6.0.81.009001

I'll try installing the game manually and give the disk a little wiping. And on a side note, I want that cloche hat. I'll be back with news. Thanks guys!

Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:52 PM
i actually recently bought it for digital download and am having a similar problem
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGFbydesign
i actually recently bought it for digital download and am having a similar problem

@AGFbydesign since your problem is similar but prerequisites are different (digital download) opening your own post is advisable! dont forget to provide the helpers with as much information you can give them on your problem. if you jump on someone elses post it only leads to confusion and that is helping no-one actually. so dont hesitate to start your own thread here in Sims 3 Help Section.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>