Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 4:27 AM
Default Problems with pixelization
Hi!

I have a Photoshop CS2 and, when I have to work with small textures like shoes and want to put some details using Photoshop, they become pixelated.

So, there is a way/hint to not pixelize those drawings?

I would love very much any help!

Thank you!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 11:10 AM
Shoes are very pixellated, unavoidably so - d'you have the same issue with accessories?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 1:02 PM
Yes, I have the same problem since I have to put little drawing/pictures.

I don't know if it is correct but, if I change a picture from JPG to PNG, could it work?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 2:59 PM
You shouldn't be using JPG or PNG for TS3 textures - only DDS. The only exception is catalogue thumbnails, which are PNG.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 1:20 AM
So, could you teach me a way to have high quality pictures/drawings like this?

I'll be very grateful... :lovestruc
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 4:59 AM
Best is to make them as bmp till you satisfied, then save as DDS.
I make them as bmp and look at it in Milkshape.
Updating a DDS time after time often kills the quality also.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 9:51 AM
How the texture map is mapped out is a big deal.
If the texture map is too small or stretched in certain areas of the mesh, pixelation can be un avoidable.

Also making a good bump map can really bring out definition in areas you need to look raised which can give a better looking image in CAS/game.

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monca533
So, could you teach me a way to have high quality pictures/drawings like this?

I'll be very grateful... :lovestruc

Those shoes from Cmo that you have linked to have an exceptionally high level of detail as he rather cleverly made them accessories disguised as shoes. This way you get a bigger texturemap to work with. Clever chap that Cmo is...

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Those shoes from Cmo that you have linked to have an exceptionally high level of detail as he rather cleverly made them accessories disguised as shoes. This way you get a bigger texturemap to work with. Clever chap that Cmo is...

Unfortunate they become blurry the moment you put on a 2nd accesoire...the game reduces the texture quality with multiple accesoires.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 12:39 AM
Thank you guys!
@ Base: Sorry for my stupid question but, how can I look the details of a texture in Milkshape?
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 9:22 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 12:43 AM
Oh Base, I think I'm a dumb... I always use this to fix the UV Map and I didn't know it can also be used to test textures .....

Thank you sooooooo much!!! :lovestruc

You are really AMAZING!!!!
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 3:00 AM
Your welcome hun